CHAPTER 6: DAHLIA

"Cheers to an amazing semester and to our little butterfly finally being set free!" Sofia held her glass of champagne in the air

"You make it sound like I was in a prison." I groan, but still raise my glass of champagne in the air and clink my glass to hers and the rest of my friends.

"You might as well have been with the way Uncle Christian keeps you under lock and key." Sofia says, picking up one of the dozen white chocolate chip cookies she baked off the table and biting into it.

Last month it was salted caramel cupcakes.

The month before that a matcha strawberry cake.

And the month before that was her mother's famous red velvet cookies.

She was always baking something new and bringing it to our sleepovers for us to try, which we all happily did because everything always tasted so delicious.

My personal favorite though had to be these white chocolate chip cookies.

I've already had six.

We're all gathered in the living room of my apartment, all of us dressed in our pajamas as we have our monthly sleepover.

"It's called being a protective father." Jennifer defends as she cuts out red-shaped leaves that would be a part of her Fall decoration for her classroom door. As a preschool teacher assistant, we're used to her doing random arts and crafts whenever she hangs out with us.

"We all have protective fathers, but Uncle Christian takes it to a whole new level." Camila chimed in.

"Says the one whose father sent the entire Secret Service to Freshman Orientation?" I arched a brow at Camila.

As the future queen of Eldorra, Camila needed more protection than all of us combined, and her father, Rhys Larson, made sure to provide that in Spades. Her mother, Bridget Von Asheberg, the current queen of Eldorra, was able to talk him down to just one bodyguard but only if she agreed to roommate with Sofia's twin brother Niko.

I'm not sure what either of their parents were thinking because anyone with eyes could tell that Camila and Niko hated each other.

Where Camila was a stickler for rules and manners, Niko was reckless and spontaneous. But if Camila could prove that being in college wouldn't change who she is and wouldn't cause any scandals than she'd be able to live on her own like her mother did. Until then, I just prayed that she didn't kill Niko in his sleep.

"I'd take the secret service over Volkov any day." Camila complained.

"Hey- that's my brother!" Sofia threw a popcorn at Camila.

Camila smiled sheepishly, which made her even more beautiful. With her long blonde hair and gunmetal gray eyes, she was the perfect combination of her parents.