CHAPTER 7: DAHLIA

TWO NIGHT LATER, I'M OFFICIALLY moved in and Kieran is throwing a party

I laid in bed for an hour listening to music play and people laugh before I finally had enough.

I really didn't want to be that neighbor, but I also really needed to get some sleep.

I had my first college class tomorrow and it started at eight in the morning, so I was going to go ask Kieran if he could keep the noise down.

I just finished putting on my robe when I heard the unmistakable sound of glass breaking and someone cursing.

I exhaled deeply. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous. It's not like Kieran is a complete stranger. I sat across the table from him at dinner at my parent's house last month for crying out loud and for all of Kieran's intimidating features and enigmatic behavior, he was still just a person.

I slipped on my slippers and grabbed my key and cellphone before crossing to the hall to Kieran's door.

I knocked on the door, trying to calm my frantic heart as I waited for Kieran to answer. A part me wanted to say forget it and just go back to my room and deal with the noise, but that's what the old me what do. I didn't want to be that girl anymore.

A minute passed.

I knocked harder.

Finally, a minute passed before I saw the doorknob turn and the door opened, and I was now face to face with a handsome stranger. He was tall with wavy dark brown hair, even darker colored eyes, and wore a black leather jacket.

His eyes roamed over my two french braids, my beige silk robe, and thick black rimmed glasses since I took my contacts out and definitely wasn't going to put them in again- before finally piercing me with his gaze.

I wrapped my arms around myself. "Is Kieran here?" I tried to peak around his back. "I need to talk to him about hopefully keeping the noise down so I can get some sleep." I added, unnecessarily, because duh- he had eyes and could see that I was dressed for bed. "I really don't want to be that neighbor."

"But you are being that neighbor." He repeated.

"I know, but I really don't mean to be. Can you just point me to Kieran? I don't know why I'm talking to you." I sound like a bitch. Crap, that came out really rude. "I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that you don't live here so I should probably be talking to Kieran."

The stranger arched his eyebrows. "And you are?"

"My name is-"

"Dahlia"

My spine stiffed at the deep, slightly accented voice behind him. The voice was husky, and thick like warm honey and washed over me in a sensual caress that only one person has ever stirred that kind of reaction out of me.

I didn't even realize when his brother stepped to the side until I blinked and was suddenly face to face with Kieran who's slow perusal over my beige pajamas, braids, and glasses told me he wasn't happy with my appearance at his home.