CHAPTER 14 Dahlia / Kieran

I ALMOST KISSED KIERAN

Even after I said the words a dozen times since waking up this morning, they didn't compute.
Last night was a string of strange events and unforeseen changes from Sean turning out to be a scumbag to Kieran scaring him away and finishing my date. At first I was mortified that Kieran had to come to my rescue, but I had to admit I wasn't completely disappointed what last night got me: Uninterrupted alone time with Kieran.

For over an hour, I had the mysterious Kieran Diaz to myself and for once he was an open book.
My lips pressed together at the memory of the sadness in Kieran's eyes when he confessed to missing his father. I didn't know much about him besides the fact that he was killed when Kieran was a kid.

I can't even imagine what life would be like if my dad was taken away from me so suddenly as a kid.
My dad was everything to me. I don't know what I'd do if anything were to ever happen to him.

"I'm sorry Miss, but we're not open for another few hours."

I blinked back to the present just as a beautiful red head woman came to stand in front of me.

"Oh, I know. I'm here to see Kieran. I'm a... friend?" The sentence morphed into a question when I realized how strange that word sounded, because me and Kieran being friends was never something I thought I could say in the same sentence. "But if he's busy, I can-"

"Dahlia?" The both of us looked up at the sound of my name, and my eyes landed on Kieran who towered over me as he stood on the second floor of the club looking as good as ever in a black tailored-made Hugo Boss suit.

"You know her boss?" The ginger asked.

"Yeah. I'll take it from here Sienna." Kieran said as he descended the stairs.

Sienna dismissed herself just as Kieran came to stand in front of me.

"Hi."

"Hi. What are you doing here?" Kieran asked, making pink blossom on my cheek. I definitely should've called before coming over.

"Is it a bad time? I can leave?"

"No, it's fine. We don't open for a couple hours." Kieran reassured me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just didn't have class today and all my friends are busy, so I thought I'd come by and bring you dinner.

He cast a glance at the brown paper bag in my hand from my favorite Chinese place. I wasn't really sure what Kieran likes, so I bought a little of everything on the menu.

"That was very sweet of you," Kieran took the bag out of my hand.

"And now that you have it.. I'll just go." I turn to leave.

"Wait."

I froze, my heart thundering against my chest as I wondered how I managed to talk myself into stopping by the club and bringing Kieran dinner.
Kieran tucked one hand inside the pocket of his pants. "You're not going to join me?"