CHAPTER 26: DAHLIA

"So, where's your new boy toy?" Sofia asks as we make our way down the mall. Yes, I know my mother is a famous fashion designer who I could very easily ask to create a dress for me for Camila's birthday party this weekend, but then I wouldn't be able to shop with my girls now would I?

We were all hopeful we would find the perfect dress at Tyson's Corner Center. It sucks that the birthday girl herself couldn't be here with us to shop, but as a princess, Camila's dress would be tailor-made by one of the best designers in Eldorra.

"He's not my boy toy," I argue. "He's my boyfriend?" I didn't mean for my answer to come out as a question but it did.

Boyfriend.

The words sounded foreign to me and tasted even stranger on my tongue. I've never had a boyfriend before. I spent more time in the hospital than I did in school before my parents finally decided to have me home-schooled. Of course, there were guys I thought were cute but my dad scared anyone who even showed the slightest bit of interest in me.
So to have a boyfriend now seemed a little surreal.

"He's your boyfriend." Jennifer confirms when I don't say anything.

"I guess he is." I grinned.

"Aww, our little Dolly is all grown up." Sofia teased and I want to bury my head in my bag so they wouldn't see the redness in my cheeks as the sticky heat of embarrassment crawled over my skin.

"And to answer your question, Kieran is at the club." I stop and admire a green sequin dress on a display mannequin. "He has a few meetings about getting his second club in Miami up off the ground. I don't think I'll be seeing him until later tonight."

"Something tells me you'll be seeing him a lot sooner than that." The teasing in Sofia's tone causes me to tear my eyes away from the dress and look behind me to see Kieran.

"Kieran!" I break out into a run and excitedly jump into his arms, which Kieran is able to react quickly and catch me. "You said you were going to be held up."

"My meetings ended sooner than I expected." He brushed a curl behind my ear. "You missed me already Little Lamb?"

"Always."

Wordlessly, Kieran leaned down and capture my lips with his, kissing me until I felt like I melted at his feet.

"Ahem." One of my friends cleared their throat, forcing us to break apart.

My guess was Sofia.

I turn around to see that my friends all look stunned. I realize this is the first time that they've seen the two of us together officially.

"Guys, this is Kieran. Kieran, this is Sofia and Jennifer." I introduced.

"Hi ladies," Kieran smiles smoothly and even my friends look a little lost for words as they stare at him.

Okay good. It's not just me.

The four of us walk around the mall for hours searching for the perfect dress. At first I was worried Kieran would be bored with all the walking and trying things on, but he never looked annoyed, he offered to hold not just my bags but Sofia and Jennifer's as well. Sofia and Jennifer were both able to find gorgeous dresses that they loved while I still stuck searching for something I love.

I'd settle for like at this point.

If I couldn't find anything here than I would just have to ask my mom to design something for me.
I'd all but given up hope when I spotted it.

The perfect dress.

"Guys, I think I found the one." I said out loud. Sofia and Jennifer had spotted shoes and left me to my own demise while Kieran found a bench and replied back to some emails on his phone. "I'm going to go try it on." I told Kieran since he was the closet.