CHAPTER 24: DAHLIA

"DAHLIA MAURA HARPER," My mother's voice was loud enough that everyone in the boutique could hear

"DAHLIA MAURA HARPER," My mother's voice was loud enough that everyone in the boutique could hear. "You're in love."

I playfully throw my flip-flops at her. "Could you be any louder mom?"

My mother grinned. "I can be if you want me to."

"No need. I'm sure everyone in the store heard you." I giggled before focusing my attention back on the task at hand, which was getting the clasp of one my heels to fit into the hole.

Today was our bi-weekly mother-daughter date, and as per usual we were spending it shopping courtesy of Christian Harper's credit card.

"So are you going to deny it?" My mother pressed.
I glance up from my ankle, seeing my mother pierce me with her stare. I could deny it, but my mother was too smart to believe me. Besides, I didn't want to lie to my mother.

I never have.

I never plan to.

But telling my mom how I feel would be me admitting to feelings I haven't even told Kieran yet.
"No, I'm not going to deny it." I finally answer.

My mother squeals in delight before rushing over to me and squeezing me. It was moments like this that made me realize how lucky I am.

Stella Alonso wasn't just my mother.

She was also my best-friend.

"Tell me everything!" She demands. "Who is he? Is he nice? Where did you guys meet? How long have you guys been dating? When can your father and I meet him?'

"Mom, breathe." I giggle. "Okay, if I tell you, you have to promise not to tell dad."

"Why would you think I would tell your dad?" My mom appeared offended.

"You tell dad everything." I said deadpanned.

"I do not-" She began to argue but stopped once she saw the look I gave her. "Okay, maybe I do," My mother blushed. "But if you don't want me to tell you father than I won't."

I inhaled a sharp breath, debating if I should tell her or not. It wasn't like I was trying to keep Kieran a secret but our relationship was also still very new, but I went with my gut and decide to tell her anyways.

"It's Kieran." I confess and watch as my mother's eye widen.

"Wh-what?"

I nod my head grinning at her stunned reaction.

"Mom he's so sweet and funny." I gush.

"How can you tell? The man hardly speaks."

"No, that's just because you have to get him to let his guard down," I defend.

"Aww, seems like he just needed you to help him do that." My mom smiles.

"That's all you have to say? You're not worried about his age?"