𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍 the Upper East Side where the winter chill is supposed to be so last season

𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍 the Upper East Side where the winter chill is supposed to be so last season. But when mittens and scarves are still all the rage the best thing you can do is button up and hope for warmer days.

I was walking with Serena on the snowy day when we bumped into Nate. He immediately pulled me into his side and pressed a kiss to my forehead, "Hey, this is my cousin Tripp." He introduced us to the man he was standing with. He shook my hand before turning to my sister, "This is my girlfriend, Nova and her sister, Serena."

I smiled, "It's nice to meet you."

He nodded, "Likewise. I'm trying to convince Nate to appear at the family hoodoo this weekend. Lunch today, cocktail party tomorrow." He explained before turning back to his cousin, "Hey, Maureen will be there. We're engaged now."

"I didn't know that. That's fantastic." He beamed.

He hummed, "Yeah, well, you missed a lot." He paused, "Why don't you drop by? Grandfather would love to see you too."

He thought for a moment before speaking, "I appreciate it, Tripp. I do. There's just a lot of stuff going on."

He nodded understandingly, "Okay, I can take a hint. Call me if you change your mind."

He shook his hand once more, "I will. Congratulations."

He turned to me and my sister, "Nice to meet you." He smiled before walking away.

Serena frowned, "You're gonna skip out on your family reunion?"

"I'm not gonna go pretend to bond with people who shut me and my mom out when my dad got busted." He sighed.

I nodded understandingly, taking his hand in mine as we wandered further down the street.

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 had ended up back at his place after leaving Serena for her to go and meet Chuck. His arm wrapped around my shoulders comfortably as we cuddled on the couch.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go to your family reunion?" I asked, "I know they weren't cool about you and your mom but it does seem like your cousins trying to make up for it."

My boyfriend scoffed, "Yeah, well, unless he's armed with an engraved apology from my grandfather I do not care."

I sighed, "Nate, they're making an effort."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, now. But where were they when we needed them?"

"I know," I nodded, "It's just that you've told me about your summers with your cousins. Your grandfather teaching you to sail, how you always looked forward to Christmas. You loved them. Now, if you really don't wanna go then fine. But don't pretend you don't care."

He sighed heavily, "Okay, I'll think about it. Happy?"

I grinned as I snuggled closer to him, "Much."