𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 of the family, Thanksgiving is when families come together to give thanks

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 of the family, Thanksgiving is when families come together to give thanks. But on the Upper East Side, the holiday thankfully returns to its roots: lying, manipulation and betrayal. And from what we hear, just like the Indians someone else is being pushed out of their home.

I sighed deeply as I strutted along the school corridors with Blair and Serena. The brunette girl huffed, "Not only are Cyrus' moving boxes everywhere but so are his annoying relatives." She complained.

"They can't be that bad," My sister immediately jumped to their defence, "Aaron always talks about his nana."

"Sylvia?" Blair questioned earning a nod from the older girl, "She kissed me on the cheek. She left a big orange lipstick mark. It looked like I'd been spray-tanned." I chuckled lightly at her words as she continued, "And Cyrus' nephew spent the morning talking to me about corn grain of the future. His sister asked me to go shopping with her."

I smiled, "That's sweet."

She shot me a disturbed look, "At Century 21."

"The horror," Serena said sarcastically as we reached our lockers.

"But even though Daddy isn't coming I am determined to have the perfect Thanksgiving I didn't get last year." She spoke as she took out the books she needed before her next class and turned back to my older sister, "Are you still gonna help me make his famous pie?"

She nodded, "Yes but I can only stay for a couple hours. Aaron is coming to meet my family before Thanksgiving dinner."

I laughed, "And how do you plan to introduce him? Mom, you DVR Big Love. This is Aaron." I mocked.

"And he's just like Bill Paxton only younger and with scruff," Blair added. "I'm serious. The Serena I know would never wanna share a guy she really liked with anyone else."

I nodded in agreement, "She's right, S."

She shrugged, "Well, I'll admit. It's been hard but I like him enough that I don't wanna date anyone else. You can't get the prize if you don't compete."

The brunette scoffed, "There are so many things wrong with that sentence," She suddenly scoffed when she noticed Dan and Nate approaching us.

I glanced over to the two boys and smiled sweetly when my boyfriend pressed a small kiss to my lips before we left the three alone in the corridor.

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 the streets of New York as I quickly attempted to get back to the Palace after spending my morning with Blair. I pulled out my phone that rang in my pocket and pressed it to my ear.

"Nova van der Woodsen?" A voice called out from behind me, causing me to decline the call and turn around to reveal a middle-aged man speaking to me.

I frowned, having never seen him before, "Can I help you?" I asked politely despite being in a rush.

"I'd like to talk to you about Nate Archibald," He told me. The sound of my boyfriend's name caused a wave of anxiety and curiosity to flow through me as I awaited his next words.

𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 after listening to the ring tone of Chuck's voicemail until he answered the phone, "Nova, where are you?" He questioned immediately.

"The FBI just came to see me and Nates in trouble," I told my stepbrother, the worry for my boyfriend increasing.

I could practically see his eye roll through the phone, "Tell someone who cares."

I rolled my own blue eyes, "Chuck, please. This is serious. He needs our help." I begged.

The line went silent for a moment before he spoke, "Where are you?"

"I just left Blair's," I told him before he ended the call.

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 hold of Nate, I informed him to meet us in a small cafe where a girl I knew called Layla worked. Chuck, the FBI and I were gathered around a table as we awaited the arrival of the Archibald.

When he noticed our presence, he immediately rolled his eyes and turned to me, "When you called I thought it was an emergency. I was wrong."

The Bass man shrugged, "It's more like an intervention. There's someone you need to talk to."

I motioned to the older man sitting before us as I began to explain, "The FBI knows that your dad's in town and they think he's about to commit a crime even worse than fraud or embezzlement."

He frowned deeply at my words, "Like what?"

"Like extortion, kidnapping," Chuck listed earning a look of shock from my boyfriend.

"When your father escaped to Dominica he could only get his hands on enough money to get set up." The man spoke up, "He should have found a job, reinvented himself. But instead, he lived the way he always lived. Now he's got nothing left."

Nate shrugged, "Yeah, well, if my father is poor, what's the point of us going to live with him? We don't have any money."

"But the Vanderbilts do." Chuck reminded him.

He scoffed, "Why would my grandparents pay us to go live with him when they can't even help us out here? I mean, they hate my dad."

I shrugged unsurely, "Maybe that's why they would give him money. To leave without you or your mom."

The Agent spoke up, "We've been monitoring your father's calls. He's trying to get in touch with your grandparents."

"If this is true why did you just come and tell me this yourself?" He questioned.

"We didn't know if you or your mother knew what was going on." He explained, "After all, she helped him escape in the first place."

I nodded, "But I told them that's not the case."

"I'll let the three of you talk it over." The man spoke before leaving the table.

Nate sighed heavily, "This is all just too much."

"There is still a chance that the Captain can get away if that's what you want." I told him, "But you could also end it all now." I suggested.

"How?" he asked.

"By turning your father in," Chuck said bluntly.

𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 approached the police station to find Nate stood outside. I smiled at the sight of the boy, "Hey. We were hoping you'd be here."

He immediately pulled me into his arms and pressed a sweet kiss to my cheek, "My mom's inside signing papers in the dark. We got our house back, now all we need is some electricity. But look, I can't thank you guys enough.

The Bass boy looked between us, "I'm gonna give you guys a moment." He spoke before leaving us alone in the street.

I immediately wrapped my arms around my boyfriend and brought his lips to mine. The kiss soon became heated causing me to pull away, "I'm so happy you're okay." I spoke against his lips, "I love you, Nate Archibald."

"I love you more, Nova van der Woodsen."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
xoxo