𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 like Autumn in New York

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 like Autumn in New York. But it's not only the leaves that change. Something in the air brings out the true colours in everyone.

"Why are you all so quiet?" I questioned as I entered the kitchen to see my family at the table. I suddenly frowned when I noticed the older man, "Bart, hey. You're back early."

"My meeting wrapped up sooner than expected," He explained as I sat down.

Chuck spoke sarcastically, "Rushing home to the family. How long is this layover?"

"Didn't Lily tell you?" He asked, "I'm here for the long haul."

Lily smiled, "Just in time for our housewarming party tomorrow night."

"I've been meaning to ask you," Eric started, "Can we bring friends?"

She nodded, "Of course, dear." She spoke before glancing at her oldest daughter, "Did you get the little suit I laid out for you, Serena?"

"That was for me? I thought the housekeepers got new uniforms," She joked causing me to laugh loudly.

I shrugged, "Conservative but classic."

My mom nodded, "Bart bought it from Paris. It had its own seat on the plane."

"Bart bought me a suit?" She asked in surprise.

"New watch," Eric spoke up, showing off the jewellery that also seemed to be from the man.

"Cash," Chuck announced, "Direct deposit into one of my offshore accounts."

He turned to face me, "Nova, I know how much you like Tiffany. There's a box for you on the table in the living room."

I gasped in surprise, "Thank you, Bart."

He nodded approvingly to me before speaking, "Now that we are all here, Lily and I have something that we wanna discuss. As tomorrow's party marks our debut as a family we've been talking about what that actually means."

"Less money for me when you die?" The youngest Bass joked.

My sister and I silently laughed at his words as Bart continued, "I was thinking more along the lines of guidelines."

"Guidelines?" I asked in disbelief, "For what?"

"For life together," Lily replied, "I mean now that we're all here having some rules would be nice."

"Like what?" I scoffed.

"Like every Friday we dine as a family," She gave an example.

Eric frowned, "Don't you think Monday would be-"

"A weekend curfew of 1:00 am." Bart continued causing me to throw my arms up in annoyance.

"Is that Eastern or Pacific?" Chuck joked.