𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 between gossip and scandal? So glad you asked, UES Forever

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 between gossip and scandal? So glad you asked, UES Forever. Anyone can commit a minor indiscretion and generate a day's worth of buzz. But in order for gossip to birth a true scandal it requires the right person to be in the wrong place. Take one 'it' girl on a pedestal and a crowd eager to see her fall and give them the means to knock her down.

The walk to school that morning with Eric and Serena was tense and I couldn't point my finger on why, "Is there something you guys wanna tell me?" I asked, getting fed up of the silence.

"Yes, actually." Eric immediately spoke, earning a frown from Serena.

My sister looked me up and down before speaking, "That jacket totally doesn't go with the uniform."

"That's funny," My brother spoke sarcastically, "This isn't." He then showed me and Serena a recent Gossip Girl blast that neither of us had come across. It was a photo of me in the store holding a pregnancy test with the caption: Is N really with child?

My older sister and I walked into school grounds with our arms interlinked. A group of younger boys walked past us and sent a teasing glance in my direction, "Hi, Mom."

I rolled my eyes. It was the fifth comment of the day, "Yes, I'm pregnant. It's a boy and I'm naming him Theo," I shot back as they scrambled away from me.

Serena sent me a reassuring smile as we climbed the steps and approached Blair and her friend group. The judgemental looks from the girls were apparent, "She's not pregnant," My sister spoke defensively.

The girls shook their heads disappointingly but I ignored them and turned to the Waldorf girl, "B, can we talk to you?"

She nodded, telling her friends she'd be back and following us down the steps, "Did you get my text?"

"Yes, I'm so happy you're not pregnant. Close call, huh?" She said sarcastically.

I scoffed, "Are we really gonna play that old game, B?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She replied.

"Whenever something happens that's not a part of your plan you pretend it doesn't exist." Serena spoke truthfully, "You act like you're in this movie about your perfect life but then I have to remind you that the only one watching is you."

I nodded in agreement, "You admit your period was late."

She nodded exasperatedly, "Yes, I've been very stressed. I had that chem test on Friday."

"And your acting like a total bitch because you're not hormonal?" I shot back.

She shrugged, "Maybe I am a total bitch. Did you think about that?"

I rolled my eyes, having had enough. I took the pregnancy test out of my purse and handed it to my best friend, "Just take the test, B."

"Stop it," She whisper yelled, trying to hide the test away from prying eyes.