38

You managed to slug through the past few weeks of hectic 'business meetings,' which consisted of you tagging along with Rindo to his leisure activities and hobbies, all under the guise of 'it's work-related' whenever you confronted him, obviously to keep you occupied so you can't have lunch with Hanma.

You let out a huge sigh as you slumped onto the couch, exhausted, a soft snicker could be heard beside you;

"Rindo is working you like a horse, huh?" Ran teased, his eyes still glued to the newspaper as black rectangular reading glasses sat loosely on his tall nose bridge. If you weren't aware of their career you would have thought he was posing to appear on the front page of a lifestyle magazine.

You beamed but he was too affixed to spare you a look.

"I wouldn't dare complain, all part of the job.." you smiled and happily headed to your room. You tolerated his outrageous behavior since tomorrow the entirety of Bonten will be gone, they have an important business meeting held by a prospective client in another country; you don't know where because it's confidential. Everyone agreed for you to stay behind as it might put you at risk in a foreign country since they might be too occupied to look out for you, and so your freedom starts tomorrow!

-

"Remember to lock your room door at night, if you hear any sound the pistol is under th-"

"Yes, yes I know! Have a good trip, everyone!" you interrupted Haruchiyo as he nagged, again. 

Everyone waved goodbye to you and headed out the door, Haruchiyo followed behind and you saw him shaking his head before letting out a huge sigh.

Your phone lit up right after everyone left, holding it up you realize the message was from Hanma;

 Dinner? (; 

Sure, see you later!

Pick you up from work at 6 😜

You reacted with a heart to his message in agreement and started prepping for work as usual.

-

HONK! 

You turn to the source of the blaring sound and see Hanma get out of his car, you wave and speed up towards the door of the passenger seat, arriving just in time for him to open the door for you to enter. A true gentleman he is.

Dinner was amazing, Hanma made reservations for the Michelin restaurant you had always wanted to try; post dinner was a typical stroll at a nearby park to ease digestion of the large meal before heading back to the car so he could drive you home. 

"You can stop here, thank you for the dinner tonight!" you smiled, releasing the safety strap as the car came to a halt.

"I'll walk you to the lobby" Hanma added, pulling the ignition. 

"Oh, you don't have to go through the trouble! The lobby is just right there."

"No, it's fine. I have to throw my trash anyways." He insisted, waving the empty cigarette box.

You relented and he walked you to the lobby bin and dumped his trash, after, he gave you a warm hug and waved you off when your lift arrived "See you soon, y/n"

You bowed at him before the lift took off.

Walking towards the apartment door gave you a sense of uneasiness for reasons you can't explain, as if your guts were telling you to take extra care; and so you heeded the warning just in case. Upon unlocking the door as silently as you could, you pushed open the door to reveal only a slit, you peeked through the tight opening and allowed your eyes to roam around the dark living room. The apartment was dark but the bright glimmer from the moon illuminated just enough for you to see a huge mess, furniture was shifted and there were spilled liquids and broken glass shards on the ground. It doesn't take an idiot to figure out someone broke in while you were gone, it is no surprise for you since this was the house of an infamous gang, and news of their absence probably traveled pretty quickly.

Your heart raced when a silhouette moved across the hallway, you instinctively shut the door softly and bailed from the crime scene you just witnessed being extra careful to not alarm the intruder. You sighed once the digital panel of the lift reflected ground level. A sense of relief overcame you but now you would have to seek refuge elsewhere until the gang returned; without a fresh set of clothes.

"Y/n!" you heard someone calling your name as you walked out of the building and turned around.

"Hanma? You are still here?" you questioned while Hanma slowly jogged towards you.

"I just finished smoking and was about to leave when I saw you. Did something happen?" 

"Someone broke into the house, I might have to move in the meantime." you shrugged, Hanma rubbed his jaw and snapped his finger.

"I have an extra room at home, it would be a lot safer to stay with me given your situation — if you don't mind" Hanma suggested with a smile, you nodded since he made sense. It is no secret you were seen together with Bonten, if someone was out to get them you might be the next target.  

You got in the passenger seat after Hanma shut the door, he made his way around the bumper to the driver's door. While waiting, your eyes unwillingly darted to the sealed pack of cigarettes sitting in the compartment tray between the passenger and driver's seat. 

"You okay?" Hanma winked, his eyes trailing where you were looking while securing his seatbelt. Your eyes immediately shot back to his, "Y-yeah, it's kinda cold tonight" you stuttered.

His eyes slowly shifted from you to the road with a slight smirk;  and started driving, whistling an unfamiliar melody along the way to fill the silence.

[A/N: If yall see any spelling error with an extra letter, please ignore it 😭 my keyboard is malfunctioning and repeats extra letters randomly

Anyways! I'm officially unemployed💀 but I guess that means I have time to finish this fanfic now. I've already thought out the ending for this fanfic and since social media is not real, let me admit a little guilty pleasure of mine -

I always go on YouTube and search for Tokyo revengers (especially Bonten) related playlists whenever I have to write a new chapter, for some reason it seems to hype me up & make me feel like such a badass / girlboss.

Also if any TR playlist creator is reading this PLEASE IM RUNNING OUT OF GOOD BONTEN PLAYLISTTTT]