6

You stopped your bike above a hill in front of Shibuya's skyline. Tall bright buildings looked small from where you are, it was a breezy night with a full moon. It was a perfect night for you to drink. 

You pulled out the white plastic hanging from your bike's handle and placed it on the ground, you sat your ass on the grass patch and leaned on your bike for support, taking out a carton of beer from the bag.

"Sanzu's right, you are indeed here." a familiar voice spoke and sat beside you.

"Muto, since when did you start running errands for your vice-captain?"

"Hah, you're a cute one. I heard from Sanzu that you wanted to quit."

"Correction, I already left Toman, Muto."

"That's fine if it's what you really want. I just thought the both of you were really close, shouldn't you give him a chance to talk to you at least?"

"We USED to be close, he's not the same anymore," you whispered at the end of your sentence.

"Don't be like that, I'm sure he cares about you. He did beg me to persuade you to return since you were ignoring him." 

"He should be caring about how he's gonna deal with me when we fight." You open a new can of beer and drank it while pointing at your Valhalla jacket that was hanging in the trunk of your bike.

"Just give it a thought alright? Listen to his explanations." Muto sighed, got up, and left.

When the roar of his bike diminished, you took your wallet and retrieved a ring made of paper from the coin compartment.

"Just what the fuck happened, Haru."

FLASHBACK

You were skipping happily around the streets on your way to look for your best friend, since it's a beautiful Saturday afternoon you decided to play outside with him. You went to his house to look for him but his Grandma told you that he was hanging out at Mikey's house.

You don't know Mikey personally but you've seen Haruchiyo hang out with him regularly so you knew where he stayed at. You tried calling out for Haruchiyo's name from the entrance of Mikey's house but nobody came out so you decided to wander in since the door was open and you heard a commotion inside the house.

"Pardon the intrusio—" your heart dropped to the pit of your stomach, you saw Haruchiyo kneeling on the ground in front of Mikey, his fists were bloody. You connected the information that the blood on Mikey's hands belonged to Haruchiyo, he was clutching his mouth while Mikey was constantly forcing him to smile.

You took a step back out of fear when Haruchiyo looked up, his eyes welled up in tears as he started laughing just as instructed by Mikey, his lips were stretching out the huge cut and you almost puke at the sight of it.