32

//TW: Domestic violence, verbal assault, suicidal tendencies.

"YOU SHOULD'VE DIED INSTEAD OF YOUR BROTHER." your mother screamed while hurling any objects she could get her hands on, your lips tore and your head bled due to the things thrown at you as you kneeled on the ground. Remote controllers, glass cups, vases, tissue boxes, plates, and bowls were just one of the many things flying your way.

Your father was consoling her but not stopping or resisting her actions towards you. Despite not screaming or shouting at you, he very much agreed with your mother. They adored your brother, he was the pride of the family while you were nothing more than a burden born to disgrace.

You and your family just arrived home after your brother's cremation, they've tried holding their comments towards you during the funeral. But every time your relative gossiped and talked about how pitiful your parents were to have the rotten apple left, they'd throw a piercing glance at you.

"Just get out. We don't want to see your face now." your father finally spoke while holding your hysterical mother in his arms. You slowly got up from your knees and bowed at them before leaving your home.

"Y/n..." you saw Kazutora standing outside of your flat with a look of concern on his face, he rushed towards you when he saw the bruises on your face. 

"It's fine, Tora. I just need some time alone." you barely manage to force a smile and walked away, leaving him behind not knowing what to do. He wanted to follow you to make sure you were okay but also wants to respect your time alone, he ended up choosing the latter to provide you with some peace.

-

You sat on the edge of the roof as the wind caresses your hair and face, the night was freezing cold yet comforting. The ice stung your skin and your lips were dried and cracking, you open a new can of beer while holding a cigarette in between your lips.

You were in a mess, ruining your body by drinking and smoking excessively not knowing how to deal with the truth that you hate your parents and the only person who cared about you in that house is gone, forever. Sure, he was always mean and hated by many but deep down he always had a soft spot for you and you knew it. 

"You're not going to jump, right?" a familiar voice asked sarcastically, you heard his footsteps inching close as he sat down beside you, pulling the cigarette out of your lips to take a puff.