29

You woke up to the damp and cold feeling residing on your forehead, your eyes slowly separated and you saw Ran's side profile as he was flipping through a magazine. You propped your upper body up with the help of your elbows and the ice bag on your forehead fell.

"Hey, stay in bed. Rindo will be back soon with medicine." Ran turn when you caught his attention, his arms extended out to support the back of your shoulder to help you lay down. He then pulled up the blanket high up stopping right below your nose.

"What time is it?" your voice croaked as you tried to speak, the phlegm in your throat was choking you up so much that you started coughing, each cough enhanced the pain in your head even more.

"Drink this first, it's honey lemon" he holds up a cup with one hand and lightly pinched the straw with another, directing the straw near your lips for you to drink without having to get up. After you quenched the dying itch in your throat, he turn towards the mini table in the middle of the room and got a thermometer, sticking it under your tongue and holding it steady for you while it measured your body temperature.

You couldn't help but peer at him while he was holding the thermometer for you, his face was close to yours as he was monitoring the rising numbers on the device. Your body heat was increasing, unknowing if the culprit was the fever itself or Ran.

He cocks his head, studying your face up close. His gaze made you a little self-conscious as you blinked profusely and darted your pupils abruptly to avoid his stares. "Nervous?" he jest, the monitor beeped and he pulled it out of your mouth.

"Your fever is not going down, I'll add more ice." he placed the thermometer down and removed the ice bag on your head, exiting the room with the cup and ice bag. Once he left, you let out a huge sigh, you could finally breathe again since the room was filled with so much tension. Or at least, too much for you to handle in such a fragile state.

"Y/n, wake up." a voice whispered, you felt someone gently tugging your shoulder.

You open your eyes again and it was Rindo this time, he was holding onto a white plastic bag. He smiled when you opened your eyes as he helped you sit up. He retrieved the contents in the bag and took out a tablet, crushed it on a spoon, and handed you a glass of water as soon as you ate the powdered tablet.

Your eyes squeezed shut as it was bitter but Rindo slid a lozenge in your mouth, the sweetness of the candy quickly made you forget how bad the tablet tasted. You looked around the room and Ran was no longer there.

"Where did your brother go?" you asked as Rindo was gently wiping your face with a wet towel. 

"Idk. Most likely the nightclub." he shrugged.

"Nightclub... Wait, what time is it? I have to go home." you grabbed onto Rindo's wrist when you realized it might be late since you don't know how long you've been knocked out.

"It's 12:30 am now. Might as well stay here tonight, you're sick. You can inform your parents if you're worried." he handed you your phone.

"... No.. That won't be necessary. I'll just text my brother..." you took your phone from Rindo's hands and saw that there were multiple missed calls and messages from your brother.

[A/N: Kisaki is one crazy-ass bitch]

It was supposed to be just a 1-day stay but it ended up being 2 days. On the 3rd day, you woke up and finally felt a lot better. At least you were well enough to not have consistent headaches or weak knees.

"Here, eat up my dear."

"T-Thank you..." you open your mouth as the lady fed you porridge. It was Mrs. Haitani, when she returned home one day and found out that you were sick she started cooking and caring for you as if you were her child.

Once she was done ensuring you emptied the bowl, she walked over to Rindo who was still sleeping on the futon lying on the floor, and kicked him startling him awake. 

"Take her temperature and prepare her medicine. I need to go to work now, also get Ran to clean his room," she ordered before strolling out of the room. Rindo sat up and furiously scratched his head.

"Um.. I can do that myself. Also, I should be going home. I think I've recovered enough thanks to your hospitality..." you awkwardly said, Rindo was just staring at you with half-lidded eyes and messy hair before plopping back to the bed into a deep sleep.

"Ok. Great! I'll be taking my leave then." you stood up and tidied up the bed, folding the blankets as well as washing the dishes before exiting the apartment with your belongings.

You saw Ran parking his bike when you walked out of the apartment building, seems like he has been out all night again. "Going home already?" he asked and you nodded. 

"Hop on, I'll send you home." he wore his helmet again and tapped the empty seat behind him, you politely declined but he insisted by snatching your bag and hanging it on his bike handle, you adhered since you didn't have a choice.

"Oh, turn right here." you directed him as he stopped right outside your house. You got off the bike and took your bag from him. 

"Thank you for the ride... and also the past few days." you tightened your grip on your bag straps, it was still pretty awkward for you to be alone with him after what happened between the two of you. 

You turn around and headed towards your house when he did not respond. 

"Hey, y/n." he called you which made you stop and turn your head to look at him.

"If you want to repay my kindness, cook for me next time," he added.

"Sure! I'll cook for you and Rindo!" you smiled. 

He looked at you with a brittle smile, his brows lightly furrowed.

"Y..Yeah. Rest well." was all he said before riding off in a hurry without wearing his helmet.

I didn't proofread this chapter cause im lazy. So do excuse any error