Chapter 21

(Kellin's POV) 

                 ~2015~

      Vic and I have been together for seven years now off and on. We've struggled a bit as a couple but we're still really strong. The only reason we haven't gotten married yet is because gay marriage wasn't legal until this year. I'm hoping that he proposes soon. If he doesn't I will. I love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. 

  "What's on your mind?" Vic asks me. 

  "Nothing much." I answer his question. 

  "Are you sure?" He asks. 

   "I'm sure. How are you doing?" I ask him. 

  "I'm doing really well. The band is back in the studio which is nice." He states as an answer. 

  "I'm glad that you're back in the studio." I say. "It's nice seeing you happy." 

  "I am really happy. You're a big part of why I am." He says. 

   I wrap an arm around his waist. "I'm glad that you're my boyfriend." I pause. "You know gay marriage is legal now." I hint to him. 

  "I'm aware." He states. 

  "I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I say. 

  "I want the same thing." He says. 

  "We do have an anniversary dinner to get ready for." I say, standing up. 

  He rolls his eyes playfully. "You're lucky that I love you and that you're hot." 

  I smirk. "That would be you. I'm gonna take a shower." 

  "Can I join you?" He asks with a smirk. 

  "Nope cause then we'll never leave." I answer as I go into the bathroom. 

   I start rinsing off to get ready for this date. I have a perfect night planned for us. I'm really excited for tonight. I love Vic so much. We have our moments but we're still in love and together. We are here and still us. We've grown a lot in the past seven years. We have come a long way. 

  I start getting dressed for our date. "Fancy?" He asks me. 

  "Yes fancy. You'll need to bring a jacket too." I state as I grab a tie. 

  He finishes getting dressed. "Good."