Chapter 16

(Vic's POV) 

   The drive back to San Diego from Los Angeles sucked. Not having Kellin with me made the drive horrible. I had the radio thankfully but not having my boyfriend with me was difficult. It was a painful two hours. 

  "There you are!" Mike hugs me when I get into the house. 

  "Hey bro. It hasn't been that long. We need to call a band meeting." I say pulling away from the hug. 

  "Oh? Just a meeting or a rehearsal too?" Mike asks me. 

  "Meeting." I answer. 

  Mike and I get the house ready for a band meeting. Tony and Jaime come over after a while. "So what is this about?" Tony asks me. 

  "Why are we here?" Jaime asks. 

  "I asked for this meeting because I got a call from a record label last night." I start. "They want to sign us!" I tell them. 

  "Holy shit! Really?!" Mike asks in excitement. 

  "Really?!" Tony asks in shock. 

  "I really?" Jaime asks. 

  "Yes really. The label wants to sign us and I think we should do it. They want us to start right away. Like on Monday right away." I explain the situation to them. 

  "Wow that's insanely soon Vic. I really want to do this but you think we can do it in time?" Tony asks me. 

  "I think that we can. We have a full album written, we just have to get it made." Jaime states. 

  Mike nods. "Its a lot to do. We basically have to make a decision now." Mike states. 

  "Yes the decision needs to be made today." I state. 

  "Mine is yes." Tony answers. 

  "Mine is yes as well." Jaime says. 

  "So is mine. Shall we work on that then?" Mike asks. 

  We work on some of the music during the meeting. I was gone for three weeks so we try to catch up on what we didn't do while I was gone. It isn't much but enough to take a few hours. 

  "I'll make the call." I state. I take the decision seriously. 

  "So what is the plan for getting there and where we'll be staying?" Tony asks me. 

  "I plan on driving you because I'm not leaving my car here." Jaime states.