Chapter 5

Vic and I are friends again. It is still kind of awkward between us but we are making it work. Its just nice to have him back in my life. I missed him. 

  "Hey!" Vic hugs me from behind. 

  I turn around to see him. "Hey Vic. We both have band rehearsals tonight." I state. 

  He looks at me and let's go of me. "I know we do. Want to come over afterwards?" 

  I think about it for a second. "Sure. Around 5:30?" I ask. 

  "5:30 sounds good. I'll see you there." He says before walking away. 

  I catch up with Nick. "Ready for band rehearsal?" I ask him. 

  "I am yeah." Nick pauses. "Justin and I have been hiding something from you." 

  "What would that be? I kind of figured you were." I state. 

  "Justin and I are kind of dating. We didn't tell you because we don't want you to feel like a third wheel." Nick answers. 

  I hug him. "I'm happy for you! Truly. You two seem really happy!" I say getting in his car. 

  Nick grins. "Its really new for us. I knew you would be happy for us." 

  "I am. Its good for you both. Just keep it PG during band rehearsals." I state. 

  Nick nods as he drives to band rehearsal. "We can do that." 

  I look out the window. "Good. Thanks for telling me." I say. My phone dings. I look at the text from Vic and laugh. Its great. 

  We get things set up for our band rehearsal. The closer we get to competition the more stressed I get about it. Vic and I try to relieve some of the stress. its nice to have our friendship back. 

  Band rehearsal goes really well. We get better with each rehearsal. I really hope that we win but we will. I am willing it into existance. 

  Justin smiles. "I'll see you later, Kellin. Have fun with Vic." 

  I head out of rehearsal and to Vic's house. His and Mike's parents travel a lot so they're almost never home. I knock on the door. Mike answers it after a minute. "Oh hey Kellin. Come in." Mike states. 

  I come inside. "Thanks." I say as I go to Vic's room. "Can I come in?" I ask. 

  Vic opens the door. "Of course you can. I ordered some pizza." 

  I sit on his bed. "That's great. How was rehearsal?" I ask him. 

  "It was good. I mean we're getting ready to kick your ass in Battle of the Bands." he winks at me. 

  "I think you have that the other way around. My band is going to kick your ass." I state. 

  He gives me a look. "Oh really?" He says. 

  I lean closer to him. "Yes really. It will be tough but we can do this." I state. 

  He smirks. "You really think so?" He asks. 

  "I do." I state. 

  He looks me in the eyes. "Do you want to bet on it?" He asks. 

  I grin. "We could. What do you want to bet?" I ask. 

  "Winner gets to ask the loser for whatever he wants within reason. Loser has to oblige." He states. 

  "Good." He states. "Stay tonight?" He asks. 

  I think about if for a second. "Okay I'll stay the night. Don't try anything though." 

  "I can't promise that." He says as the door bell rings. "I'll be right back." He goes to answer the door. 

  I wait for him, checking my phone to see if I have any messages. I still don't know how I caved so easily but I did. It is something about him that makes it easy to cave. 

  "I'm back with food!" He says putting pizza boxes on the floor. 

  "Thanks. How are you doing?" I ask as I start eating. 

  "I'm alright. The band is keeping me busy." He says as he eats. 

  "That's good. I know that you've been through a lot. I wasn't there and I should've been." I say as I keep eating. 

  "Its okay. I forgive you." He says. 

  "I'm glad that you do. We both messed up." I say as I eat. 

  "We are really close again though. I missed you." He states. 

   "I missed you. I'm starting to trust you again." I finish eating. 

  I lay down on the bed. He lays down next to me. "We'll get there." He says to me. 

  "We will. I can feel it happening. I'm just focused on the band right now." I state. 

  "So am I. I just wanted to have you back at least as a friend." He states. 

  "Yeah." I say. 

   We settle in for the night. It feels a little weird to be sharing a bed with him. I know that we are going to get back to more eventually.