Chapter 14

Day one of recording our debut album. I am nervous about it. I hope it goes well. We are going into Los Angeles to record. Vic agreed to come with me. Its a long trip. Its two hours of being in a car. "Thank you for coming with me." I say to him. 

  He smiles at me as he drives. "Of course. I didn't think it would be fun for you to ride with the love birds." 

  "No it probably wouldn't have been fun. I love Justin and Nick but.." I trail off. 

  "They can get on your nerves?" He asks. 

  "A little, yeah. Its great to have them as my band mates though." I state. 

  "They are great guys and friends. I'm glad that they're your band mates." He says. 

  "Same. Jaime, Tony, and Mike are good guys too. Glad that they're your friends." I say. 

  "Mike is my brother but yes." He states. 

  "Yeah. How are you doing with everything?" I ask. 

  "Could be better to be honest. Our parents never being home is rough. I'm not legally an adult yet. Its just a lot." He explains. 

  "I am here whenever you need anything. "I state, turning up the radio. 

  "Thank you for that. I'm here when you need me too." He says. 

  "Its what a boyfriend does. I'm glad that you feel like you can rely on me." I state. 

  "I know I can. You can rely on me too, always." He says. 

  "I know. Thanks for coming with me. It means a lot." I say. "I know you have better things to do." 

  "If you mean the band, they told me to come. We have all summer to work on music." He states. 

   "True." I say. 

   We get to LA and check into our hotel room before going to the studio where I'm recording. Justin and Nick are already there. 

  "Ready to get started?" Justin asks. 

  Nick nods. "Of course I am." 

  "I am too. This album can change everything for us." I state. 

  "Oh good everyone is here. I am your producer. Name is Cameron. I'm looking forward to working with you all." Cameron states. "Let's get started." 

   We start recording the first song for the album. It feels weird to be in an official recording studio like this. We take turns while learning how it works at the same time.  Its new for all of us when it comes to this. Making an album is new but I like it. 

  We are in the studio all day doing what we need to for this recording session. Its a lot for us but we've got this. 

  "Want to go celebrate?" Nick asks as we leave the studio. 

  "I'm down." I answer the question. 

  "Same." Justin states. 

   "May I join?" Vic asks. Justin and Nick agree that Vic can join us though they didn't have much of a choice. We head to a good spot to celebrate today's accomplishments. 

  "You guys sounded amazing." Vic says to us. 

  "Thank you. I have a feeling that you'll be next with a record deal." Justin states. 

  Nick nods. "Thanks Vic. That means a lot. Justin's right." He says. 

  I smile. "Yeah. You are so talented. You've got this. I believe in you." 

  Vic squeezes my thigh. "Thanks babe. I believe in you too." He says. 

   Justin grins. "You two seem happy. Don't break his heart." He says. 

  Nick grins. "Its nice seeing Kellin happy." 

  I sip my drink. "I am happy. I feel like I'm myself again." 

  "I feel like that too." Vic says. 

  "Its nice to see that you two are in love." Nick says. 

  Justin nods. "They are very much in love. You two are good together." 

  "You two are good together too. Its nice to see." I state to Nick and Justin. They're a good couple. I like them together. They seem really happy. 

  Vic nods. "Yeah you are good together." He says. 

 "Thanks both of you." Nick states. 

    We enjoy our dinner together. It was nice to be friends and just hang out. Justin, Nick, and I have been stressed about all of this band stuff. It was nice to relax. 

  "I like seeing you happy and relaxed." Vic states as we get into our hotel room. 

  "Having you with me helps that quite a bit." I tell him. 

  He kisses me. "Is there anything you want me to do to help more?" He asks. 

  "Sure. What do you want me to do?" He asks me. 

  "How about you give me a massage and some love?" I state. 

  He kisses me deeply. "I can do that, get on your stomach." 

  I do as told. I feel his hands start to rub my back, massaging me. I can feel the knots in my back easing up. 

  After my massage, we lay next to each other and making out. Its really nice he came with me. I'm glad that he's my boyfriend.