Chapter 8

I hate this event. The only reason that its tolerable is because Kellin is with me. My band mates are here too but Jaime is being an ass, Tony and Mike are walking around and mingling. We are supposed to mingle with the members of the other bands but I really don't want to. 

  "We have to at least talk to them." Kellin says to me. 

  "I'm not in the mood for mingling. I came because I had to." I say. 

  Kellin rubs my shoulders. "I don't want to either but we should try." He says. 

  I lean into his touch. Even though we aren't a couple, he still knows how to calm me down. "I hate when you're right." I say. 

  He stops and looks at me. "I'm aware. We'll do this together." 

  Kellin and I walk around talking with members of the other two bands that we're competing against. They all seem like good guys. I mostly talk about music with them. It was nice but not my thing. 

  "We don't have to stay. We got through the important part of this event." Kellin says. 

  "Can we then?" I ask him. 

  "We can go to our spot." He says as a suggestion as we leave the building. 

  I smile at the suggestion. "I love that idea actually. I drove here so that makes it easier to get there." 

  "Lets go then." He says. 

   We get in my car and I start to drive to 'our' spot. Its a place we went to a lot when we were dating. Its special. 

  We get there about thirty minutes later. Its right outside of San Diego. The sky is absolutely beautiful right now. I grab the blankets from the back and put it on the hood of my car. Kellin gets out of the car and lays next to me on the blanket. The moon is out and shining onto the water. Its so romantic right now. It feels perfect to kiss him. 

  "Its beautiful out." Kellin says to me. 

  "It really is. Its so romantic too." I say, carefully turning to face him. 

  "Yes." He says. 

  I play with his hair. "I know we're taking this slow." I say. 

  "We are but doesn't mean we can't.." He says, his hazel eyes searching mine. 

  "Kells do you want me to kiss you?" I ask, cupping his face. 

  "Vic kiss me, you goofball." He says, leaning closer to me. 

  I press my lips to his softly as I cup his face, His lips are as soft as I remember. He kisses me back, wrapping his arms around me. "As perfect as I remember I wow.." I state.  

  He smiles at me. "That was perfect. I still want to take it slow. However I'm okay with kissing and holding hands." 

  "You are? I missed that." I ask. 

  "I am, yes." he says taking my hand in his. "I want us again." 

  I kiss him again deeply this time. He kisses me back, cupping my face. I close my eyes as I kiss him deeper. I love him. I never stopped and I'm not going to. He pulls away to catch his breath. "I do too." I state. 

  "I don't want to label it right now." He tells me, playing with my hand. 

  "I'm okay with that. We don't have to. I want to just be like this for a while." I say. 

  "Me too. I see how hard you're trying to get my trust back." He states. 

  "I am but I'm also super nervous. Its a huge deal for the band. We have been working so hard on this." He says. "I know how talented you are too. You are tough competition." 

  I laugh at the last statement. "I am but so are you. I'm nervous about it too. I think we all are." 

  "Yeah. Promise to support each other no matter who wins tomorrow?" He states. 

  "Of course. Just cause we're not boyfriends doesn't mean we can't support each other." I say. 

   "Okay. Let's support each other." He says, pressing his lips to mine. I kiss him back deeply. I wrap my arms around him as we kiss deeper. I am still massively in love with him. We've been a part for a year but there's not a single moment where I don't think about him. This kiss is as amazing as the one earlier was. 

  He pulls away from the kiss. "I hate to ruin this moment but it is getting late." He says to me. 

  "You're right. It is." I say. 

  "We should probably head home. We have a long day tomorrow." He says as he gets off of the hood of the car. 

  I get off of the car. "Yeah we should head home. Its an hour drive." 

   We both get in the car. I drive us back into San Diego. The hour drive back was spent singing along to the radio, chatting, and laughing. I like where we're headed when it comes to us. Its nice to have it.