Chapter 44- Ebony.

The next 6 weeks flew by. We went to New York a few times in that period,each time to visit Harmony who was an incredible girl and also had a wonderful sense of humor. One of those times we attended a small private wedding of Kennedy, Andy, Dante and Parker.

I had seen them all around multiple times especially now that I had been around a lot preparing everything I needed to  work remotely in Europe.

Things with my home life were...good I guess. It seemed like we were mostly back to normal but I felt like there was a cloud over Leon's head. Mind you he fuck Kyle and me every chance he got, made almost all our meals unless we went out and did everything a loving partner would do. But here was still something off and it bugged the shit out of me.

I was currently home checking off a list of everything I needed to pack to be gone for 6 months. A knock at the garage door made me pause and go answer. It was most likely Rocco because the other guards never interacted with me, which was a bit weird.

I opened the door. He smiled at me.

"Good morning Ms Thompson. There is someone at the front door is requesting to talk to you. Her name is Carmen Richardson. She said she's and old friend of Leon's, I can send her away." He said. I frowned. That name sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it.

"No it should be okay. I'll go to the door. We should be okay." I said. He hesitated as if he didn't want me meeting a stranger alone. "I don't think Leon would have friends who were as demented as the people in my past." I told him softly. Something on his expression hardened as if he was replaying that awful day we had almost 2 months ago now.

"You can never be too careful." He said gently. I smiled at him.

"Why don't you call Leon. I'll entertain the guest. He should be home soon." He hesitated at my words but finally gave in and left. I headed to the front door and opened it. A tall beautiful caramel skinned woman stood there. She had to be at least 6 feet which the heels she had on. She had gorgeous dark eyes and a face carved to perfection. I instantly knew who she was, not because I've seen her before but because of the curly her black hair and eyes were identical to Harmony's. This must be her mother.

She looked down her nose at me surveying me. I know I definitely looked a mess. My hair was in a messy bun and I was wearing yoga pants and one of Kyle's tshirts. Fuck, why didn't I change or something.

"Um, hello." I greeted my voice coming out a lot smaller than I wanted. She smirked and I immediately knew she was going to be unpleasant to be around.

"Hi, I must have the wrong house. You're just a girl." She said. Her voice was pure honey even though her tone carried a small amount of poison. "I was told Leon lives here. I'm his wife."

My blood ran cold as ice at her words. Leon never said he had been married before but if this was Harmony's mom I guess it would make sense.

"Leons not here." I said trying to sound as if I wasn't unnerved as fuck. She smiled.

"Oh I know. I found out his little play thing was at home so I decided maybe we should have a little talk." She pushed passed me and into the house. "Wow. This place is gorgeous." She said.

"Leon's on his way home." I lied. I wasn't even sure if Rocco had reached him.

"Oh good. I'll still have time to say what I need to say to you." She said plopping down on the couch in the foyer. She oozed grace even though I already decided in my mind she was a bitch.

I sat across from her. "Can I offer you something to drink?" I asked. This was my home. I was not going to let her make me feel like she had the upper hand. She studied me crossing her long legs.