Chapter 48 - 53

Chapter 48

"Beautiful," Chen Qizhao replied. "It is more beautiful than the night."

Shen Yuhuai said, "I think so too."

Chen Qizhao took a few steps back and avoided the rising waves. He stood quietly next to Shen Yuhuai. The fireworks in the distance were blooming and Chen Qizhao listened to his heartbeat slowly calm down. His hand hidden in his pocket clenched tightly and the tingling reminded him of the reality in front of him.

The two of them waited until the fireworks finished before finding a restaurant in the resort for dinner.

By the time Chen Qizhao arrived home, it was already past 10 o'clock in the evening.

Chen Qizhao asked as he got out of the car, "Brother Huai... do you want to go in and sit?"

Shen Yuhuai shook his head. "It is too late. Next time."

Chen Qizhao said goodbye and Shen Yuhuai nodded.

He looked at the figure of Chen Qizhao leaving and thought about what Chen Qizhao said in the afternoon. It seemed that through the figure walking further away, he could recall Chen Qizhao in front of his desk with wild childhood thoughts, saying he would develop intelligent robots in the future that were as powerful as the sci-fi movies on TV.

He really liked it. It wasn't just a small interest.

Shen Yuhuai stopped recalling it. He looked at the figure of the person who disappeared and started the vehicle to leave.

Chen Qizhao entered the villa and walked to a place far from the entrance. He waited for a few minutes before hearing the sound of the vehicle leaving. His eyes darkened a bit and he stopped thoughtfully for a while. Then he turned around to enter the garage once the headlights disappeared into the night.

In the garage, the vehicle that had been recently sent for repair had returned. Old Lin wasn't in the garage. He should've gone to rest.

He tried the tires of these cars and found that none was tilting or leaking air.

He checked all the cars that Chen Shiming used frequently. Just as he was about to leave, he suddenly stopped. He looked at the vehicles in the inner position. There was a car that Chen Jianhong often used when he went out.

Chen Qizhao thought about it. He went to the place where the spare key was placed but he didn't see the key for the car.

"Second Young Master?" The housekeeper turned on the garage lights and looked at him doubtfully.

"What other cars are useless in the garage at home?" Chen Qizhao's mind returned. "The keys here aren't complete, right?"

"It might've been taken away by Old Lin. He will take away in advance the keys of the car to be used tomorrow, so as to not occupy the car in other situations." The housekeeper paused for a moment. "Second Young Master, do you need to use a car? I'll arrange a driver for you tomorrow."

"Uncle Zhang, arrange a car for me tomorrow, a commercial car." Chen Qizhao casually pointed to one, his tone a bit irritated. "I can't take Chen Shiming's car every time. Who wants to get up early with that workaholic?"

The housekeeper sighed with relief. "Okay, I'll arrange it for tomorrow."

He thought that the second young master wanted to drive himself. However, that wouldn't work. The second young master hadn't received their license yet.

Chen Qizhao glanced thoughtfully at the garage. Then he left the garage and returned to the villa.

There was only Zhang Yazhi in the living room. Chen Shiming and Chen Jianhong weren't here. He greeted Zhang Yazhi and was about to go upstairs when the latter suddenly stopped him.