Chapter 33 - 37

Chapter 33

Chen Qizhao hung up the call with the other person. He had already walked down the teaching building and was rushing out of the school.

This period of time was relatively special. Combined with the news he obtained from Shen Yuhuai's mouth and he could speculate that He Shuhang was acting right now. If the competition started after Shen Yuhuai's team submitted the project materials then it would be too late once the competition organizers had Shen Yuhuai's project materials.

Regarding the laboratory scandal that broke out in later generations, the patent application materials of the company that stole the secrets were highly consistent with the research content of Shen Yuhuai's group. It could only be said that the stolen information must've been completed before Shen Yuhuai's group project was perfected and before the competition started. Once this information was integrated and compared with the timetable when He Shuhang could act, there were only a few times that could be determined.

He Shuhang was a student and there were rules for students to use the laboratory. If he was staying in the research institute overtime during a special time period and there was no one in Shen Yuhuai's laboratory, then He Shuhang would probably act.

In addition, during this period of time, the institute's machines were being regularly repaired. The time period where the laboratory was emptied was extended.

Chen Qizhao left the school and called a car to head to the Ninth Research Institute.

He could only rely on the clues he already knew to figure out that He Shuhang would probably act during this time. However, he couldn't be sure whether He Shuhang would steal it or not so he could only call Shen Yuhuai.

Shen Yuhuai had just left the apartment when he received a call from Chen Qizhao. He paused for a moment in the parking lot. "No, I'm in the city. What's wrong?"

"No... I just passed by the research institute and wanted to ask if you were here today. If so, we could have dinner together at night." Chen Qizhao got into the car and gave directions to the driver while making the phone call. "Aren't you at the research institute this afternoon?"

"The equipment is being repaired today and the laboratory can only be used from 4 p.m." Shen Yuhuai got into the car. He slightly frowned as he listened to the change in voice of the person on the other end. He tried to ask a few more questions but Chen Qizhao said he would hang up first.

Shen Yuhuai hesitated a bit. Then his friend who got into the car with him asked, "What? Didn't you say you were going to the downtown library to borrow some materials? We have to hurry or we'll be late to the laboratory."

"I'm not going to the library." Shen Yuhuai changed his itinerary. "Let's go back to the institute first."

He Shuhang came out of the laboratory. His gloved hands were almost covered in cold sweat. He closed the door of the laboratory and looked away for a while. Then he saw the boy rushing over in a hurry. The two of them looked at each other for a moment before walking together in the direction of the elevator.

"Have you dealt with the surveillance?" He Shuhang whispered.

The boy said, "Don't worry. I've handled the surveillance... if we do this, will we be able to win the prize? In addition, there is the money thing. Is the company you mentioned reliable? It won't trick us when the time comes?"

"Why are you in a hurry? The things that have been settled won't be sloppy." He Shuhang glanced at the other person. This time, the person who contacted him was a company he had been to during his extracurricular internship. Shen Yuhuai's project was the same type as a project they were doing in their company's research office. Finally, the company came to him and said they could promise him follow-up research funds and a graduate position. At the same time, they could also connect him with a mentor at the college he wanted to go with.