Chapter 21 - 30

Chapter 21

Ying Yan Long took over the teacup that Steward Zhu had served up and after slowly taking a sip of tea, he said.

"Really?"

Luo Ji Cai hesitated for a while. From Ying Yan Long's expression, it could be seen that Ying Yan Long was not aware of the fact that he had tried to kill Hua Ming Zi. So, he continued to ask.

"How are Hua Dangjia's injuries?"

"Who told Luo Gongzi that she was injured?" Ying Yan Long sneered.

Immediately, Luo Ji Cai jumped up from his chair. "This.......this......this is what all the people on the streets and alleys are saying, ah.........they say.......say that she was kidnapped and then she was injured........"

"Is it?" Ying Yan Long stared at Luo Ji Cai. After seeing that he did not dare to move, Ying Yan Long continued to say. "After Hua Dangjia was injured, all her important relatives and friends were notified. So, you and she should only be 'nodding acquaintances'. Why are you so anxious to come forward and ask? Could it be that you are connected to her injuries?"

"Nonsense! Of course, her injuries are not connected to me!" Luo Ji Cai cried out loudly and his face turned red.

"Don't panic, Luo Gongzi." Ying Yan Long dropped his eyelids and suppressed his anger. Then in a nonchalant voice, he said. "It is just that I am curious as to why Luo Gongzi is so concerned about this matter and whether Luo Gongzi knows who the culprit is."

"I.....I...... How would I know?!" Luo Ji Cai looked at Ying Dangjia for a while and felt that Ying Yan Long did not seem to be clear about what actually happened to Hua Ming Zi. Then he continued. "I came here because I have good feelings for Hua Dangjia for a long time, so I want to know her condition."

"Hua Dangjia already has a marriage agreement with my Ying Family, so she is staying in Ying Mansion to nurse her injuries and it is also convenient for the doctor to take care of her. You don't have to worry." Ying Yan Long said coldly.

"I didn't hear that she has a marriage agreement with the Ying Family........" Luo Ji Cai frowned.

"The whole capital city knew about the marriage proposal she made to me. While we were preparing to make a public announcement, she was attacked. That is also the reason why the guards of the Ying Family were able to save her immediately." Ying Yan Long's black eyes locked on Luo Ji Cai's eyes and he said icily. "No one can bully the people of the Ying Family."

Luo Ji Cai stiffened and a cold sweat broke out on his back. Quickly, he said with a smile. "That is natural."

"Luo Gongzi seems a little panic-stricken. Please drink some tea to stabilize your emotions."

"I am not in a panic. It is only just that I didn't expect Hua Dangjia and the Ying Family have a marriage agreement. I am at a loss for a moment."

Luo Ji Cai let out a laugh and sat back on the chair. After taking a sip of tea, he asked again. "......that.......about the people who attacked Hua Dangjia, did you find out anything?"

"Currently, nothing is known. Because of her serious injuries, she seems to have forgotten about the attack."

Ying Yan Long looked at the expressions of relief and ecstasy flashed across Luo Ji Cai's face. Although his heart was burning with anger, his face still had an indifferent expression.

"Did she just forget about the part of the attack or did she forget about everything else?" Luo Ji Cai asked.

"She just forgot the part of the attack."