Chapter 1 - 10

Chapter 1

The Nineteenth Year of Shengde, Third Month of Spring.

In the sunlit and enchanting scene of spring, the grass flourished and the orioles flew.

Official Residence of Earl Chengyi, Limpid Heart Garden.

In the early morn, the bright and warm sunlight seeped through the window lattice and shone on Ruan Xi's slightly pale visage as she laid on the soft pillow on her low and narrow bed. Her dark hair was black like ink, her eyes were limpid with its glossy blacks, and a delicate, light yellow outer jacket and skirt lined her snowy-white skin. Her countenance was devastatingly beautiful.

Ruan Xi raised her hand to press it above her heart, feeling the strong and forceful pulse of her cardiovascular organ which made her lips curl up. Truly, the Heavens did not despise her and allowed her to possess a healthy body.

She had suffered from congenital heart disease in her previous life, and she had been abandoned at an orphanage ever since she was born. It had not been easy for her to live until the age of twenty, and yet when she woke up again, she had transmigrated into a novel featuring a laid-back female protagonist which she previously read at her leisure, and became a female supporting with an incomparably good life that the female protagonist envied. The character in question was the fourth daughter of Ruan Family—

Ruan Xi.

She was a replacement for the engagement that had fallen through because her older legitimate sister had abandoned her fiancé from a rich family, and she was later pampered to the heavens by her husband's single-minded devotion. In the end, she became the winner in life as the imperially mandated first-rank wife of an official.

Ruan Xi had the same name and surname as the Ruan si niang, but the unfortunate part was that the story revolved around the laid-back female protagonist, and the smooth and satisfying life of Ruan si niang – which was the source of the female protagonist's envy – only appeared in conversations between the female protagonist and her trusted servant girl.

The two people in question did not have any intersections.

It was only when the male protagonist had taken the throne that the female protagonist had the fortune of meeting her a few times during the palace banquets.

And the reason why the female protagonist paid particular attention to everything concerning Ruan si niang was only because Ruan si niang's older legitimate sister Ruan san niang was a transmigrated woman, whose fate was worlds apart from Ruan si niang.

After the Ruan san niang in the novel had broken off her engagement in the early stages – thereby kicking away her ignorant and incompetent fiancé from a rich family who only knew how to muddle along, eat, and wait for death – she had caused the waters to ripple and the winds to rise in her favour by pretending that the disease-curing function in her system was her medical skill. In the end, she had pitted herself into the old Emperor's imperial harem and became one of his concubines, and the old Emperor had later placed down a secret edict that she had to accompany him in burial. All in all, her final ending was too tragic to look at.

As a highly conspicuous transmigrated woman, Ruan san niang's appearance had alarmed the female protagonist, which made her conceal herself silently, and live out her small days in the male protagonist's inner residence in an inconspicuous and well-behaved manner.

Presently, Ruan Xi had transmigrated into the book when the original owner was just fourteen. However, the strange thing was that inside the original owner's memories, the transmigrated Ruan san niang – who had been kicking up a fuss about the breaking off the engagement – had suddenly changed her mind, and she was currently preparing for her marriage with boundless joy.