Chapter 79 - 86

Chapter 79

It was evident that Wen furen did not anticipate that Earl Chengyi Furen would be this vicious and merciless, and her vision suddenly went dark.

Xiao Xi had been afflicted with infertility medicine, with her son's personality, where was she supposed to get a grandson?

And Lao Furen... What if something bad happens to Lao Furen after she learned of this?

Ruan Xi coughed lightly, shattering the silence in the room. Wen furen snapped her head towards her.

"Xiao Xi, you..."

"Popo, yõu don't need to be worried. On the day after Husband and I returned to my maternal home, didn't we go to the Junzhu Residence to visit Lao Furen? Back then, Husband suggested that we should allow the two overseeing imperial physicians in the residence to give me a check-up.

"The imperial physicians said that my body is very healthy.

"Lao Furen was also present back then.

"For the same reason, I genuinely doubt whether I've been afflicted with infertility medicine."

With due haste, Ruan Xi verbalised her actual condition, and she did not try to conceal anything.

As a matter of fact, it was an exercise in futility to try and hide it. Unless she did not have a child for her entire life, it would be exposed sooner or later. It was better to speak the truth for what it was; whether the others chose to believe it was their business.

Amidst the vicissitudes, Wen furen remained wordless for a long time before she asked for confirmation: "Xiao Xi, is what you said really true?"

Ruan Xu nodded her head lightly, "It's true. Popo can find an imperial physician to give me another check-up."

When Wen furen saw Ruan Xi's frank appearance, her taut nerves relaxed, because she already believed her words at the bottom of her heart. Since Lao Furen was already aware, then it must mean that Ruan Xi had escaped unscathed. 

Consequently, Lao Furen would not be agitated by this rumour.

The servants in the room collectively sighed in relief, apart from the maidservant who had her head lowered. The witness and evidence was already accounted for, how could Shao Furen have possibly escaped it?

"Furen, what should be done about the rumours circulating outside?" Wen furen's trusted Mama spoke out suddenly.

"The rumour needs to be denied of course. However, before the rumour is refuted, an imperial physician should be invited to check over Xiao Xi once, to increase the persuasiveness." Wen furen said with a lower voice.

"Popo speaks correctly." Ruan Xi voiced her agreement.

"This matter cannot be delayed, Mama Zhao, take my card and go and invite an imperial physician."

"Yes, Furen." Mama Zhao quickly complied and left.

Wen furen turned towards Ruan Xi, saying in a warm voice: "Xiao Xi, don't return to Earl Chengyi Residence first."

Ruan Xi had no opinions, she did not want to go back to Earl Chengyi Residence to offer condolences to Zhang shi either.

"I will listen to popo."

Wen furen nodded in satisfaction.

At this juncture, there were a lot of people paying attention to the Wen Family's movements, and since Wen furen did not deliberately conceal the news of her trusted Mama inviting an imperial physician, it was promulgated very quickly, and everyone wanted to know the results.