Chapter 104 - 106

Chapter 104

After the news of Zhao yiniang and her daughter's death were disseminated, everyone merely sighed briefly before forgetting about it at the turn of the head, and it did not set off a single ripple.

Ruan Xi discovered that after the entire debacle of Liu Wan Wan, in addition to the loss of his biological mother and close younger sister, Wen Ting Yi had become uninterested in self-indulgence, to the point where he was reticent and scarce with words, and striving for a better future by studying. It was unknown if he had restrained himself or was saving up for an ultimate move, but regardless of which one it was, Wen Ting Zhou still dispatched his men to monitor him to ensure that Wen Ting Yi could not flip up any huge waves.

Contrariwise, Wen Ting Zhou did not mind his concubine-born younger brother being progressive; he was fine with him as long as he remained within his boundaries.

"After seeing er di being progressive, Father was very happy, and he is planning to ask Mother to negotiate a good marriage matter for er di." Wen Ting Zhou said smilingly.

"Er di didn't have any opinions?"

After all, he had thrown a huge ruckus just for the sake of marrying Liu Wan Wan back then.

Wen Ting Zhou teased the hair strands beside Ruan Xi's ear as he smiled faintly, "Having gone through the marriage with Liu Wan Wan, er di is not very interested in female charms right now, and he has become rather ascetic."

Ruan Xi was speechless.

"Let's not talk about it. It's my rest day tomorrow, we should bring Ah Yu to see zu mu, zu mu has been yearning for Ah Yu.

"The time is getting late; we should be getting into bed."

Wen Ting Zhou peered at Ruan Xi's expression before he laughed softly, flipping his body to press her under his body.

"Mn."

Ruan Xi stared at Wen Ting Zhou's handsome visage which was well within reach, her hands wrapping around his neck.

It was a night of flipping red waves.

The next day, Wen Ting Zhou and Ruan Xi brought away their little boy and stepped onto the horse carriage under Wen furen's reluctant gaze.

......

Inside the palace, Ruan san niang did not open any brain holes and start having suspicions either after learning that Zhao yiniang and her daughter had been met with their demise. She merely mumbled a few sentences in private before she tossed it aside, since she was paying attention to another matter right now.

Wen lao-furen was still alive.

By this time in the previous lifetime, Wen lao-furen had already passed away. In this lifetime, she was unexpectedly alive.

Ruan san niang was very shocked.

Ever since her rebirth, she had been constantly trying to change the tragic fate of her previous lifetime, but she was still forced to enter the imperial palace in the end as an imperial concubine. Bit by bit, she was moving towards the old road of her previous life.

Disregard the fact that she was already pregnant; she looked like she had already broken the shackles of fate, but the truth was that Ruan san niang had always felt devastatingly anxious and she struggled to get a sense of genuine reality, because she could not shake off the feeling that everything was a hallucination.

Despite her endless attempts to hypnotise herself into thinking that she would become the most respectable and noble woman underneath the Heavens after her pregnancy— the Empress Dowager, and she even fantasised about raising little wolfdogs after the old Emperor's death.