Chapter 96 - 103

Chapter 96

After Wen Ting Zhou sent the two beauties that Mu taifei bestowed to the farmstead, Mu taifei was indeed angry, and she believed that Wen Ting Zhou was slapping her face.

Having gone through her life along the tailwinds and with the currents, there was no one who dared to disobey her, and even the Emperor had to step aside for her.

Wen Ting Zhou's behaviour infuriated Mu taifei through and through.

Hence, Mu taifei wrote another imperial decree summoning Ruan Xi into the palace.

By that time, Ruan Xi was already more than eight months pregnant, and she was on the brink of giving birth.

The skies were cold and the ground was frozen outside, entering the palace of this time had the highest likelihood of an accident occurring.

Wen furen exploded in anger.

Mu taifei was basically bullying people over much.

She looked at the Mama who was swollen with arrogance and the several robust, coarse-labour eunuchs in front of her, regaining her composure.

"May this Mama inform Mu taifei, Xiao Xi's body is hindered and it is not convenient [for her] to enter the palace."

Mu taifei's Mama had already anticipated Wen furen's response. She lifted up her chin and said in a staunch tone: "Wen furen, please be at ease, Taifei Niangniang is also aware of Wen shao-furen's condition, and she specially allowed Wen shao-furen to sit on a horse carriage to Taifei Niangniang's palace hall."

Wen furen's gaze darkened. Now that they had reached this stage, only faking an illness was left, but who could tell if Mu taifei was already prepared for that possibility.

"Mama Chen, go to Harmonious Dwelling and invite Shao Furen."

If it were not for Ting Zhou directly sending away the people that Mu taifei gave to the farmstead the moment he returned, the innocent Xiao Xi would not have to suffer this hardship.

Internally, however, Wen furen was venting her anger on Wen Yu Wei, that concubine-born daughter.

Mama Chen complied with the order and withdrew. 

In Harmonious Dwelling, Ruan Xi was wrapped in a pink-coloured cloak and holding a hand-warming stove in her palms as she sat on a small sedan chair to go to the main courtyard.

Her condition was quite decent.

With Mama Yang's assistance, the frequency of Ruan Xi receiving leg cramps had gradually reduced, and her legs hadn't cramped up for the past two days.

With regards to Mu taifei summoning her into the palace, Ruan Xi could only play it by the ear.

Upon reaching the main courtyard, Ruan Xi saw Wen furen's heavy-hearted demeanour.

"Xiao Xi, Mama Yang will be accompanying you in entering the palace this time around." After saying that, Wen furen turned towards Mama Yang and instructed, "Mama Yang, Shao Furen will be handed over to you, take good care of Shao Furen."

"May Furen rest assured!"

Mama Yang replied respectfully.

The Mama who came to fetch Shao Furen into the palace this time around was someone Mama Yang recognised, but the other party did not recognise her.