Chapter 31 - 40

Chapter 31

Ming Xu and Ming Chen cleaned up the shop by themselves, while Qiao Yuan rushed to the iron shop.

Several people had already gathered at the entrance of the iron shop. Seeing him arrive, they said, "Yu Fulang, you're finally back. We came to buy pancakes."

Yu Dameng whispered to him, "You're not feeling well today. It's better not to work. You should rest instead."

Turning down money that comes to your door is foolish! Qiao Yuan pushed him aside and smiled at the waiting people, "Sorry everyone, I was delayed by something today and can't make so many in a short time. If you're in a hurry, you can come tomorrow. If you're not, how about coming in the afternoon? I'll give you one more for each order."

The people were a bit unhappy when they heard that, but when they heard that they could get one more, they felt that it was not a big deal. They agreed on the time and quantity with Qiao Yuan and went home.

Seeing Qiao Yuan disregard his own health like this, Yu Dameng was a little unhappy, drooping his bear-like head.

Seeing this, Qiao Yuan held his head and said, "Oh, I seem to have a headache."

Yu Dameng immediately forgot his unhappiness and supported him back to the backyard, saying, "The medicine is almost ready. I'll bring it for you to drink."

Qiao Yuan: "......"

He had lifted a rock and smashed his own foot!

"My headache is gone."

"Be good and listen."

After that, perhaps it was the words of Dr. Zhou that were spread around, more and more people came to buy pancakes in the afternoon. Qiao Yuan was so busy that he was dizzy. When he finally finished, his head really hurt a bit.

Yu Dameng massaged his head and said, "Why don't we stay in the shop tonight?"

Yu Dameng would have trouble staying at Yu Qiao Ji tonight, and from now on he wouldn't be able to easily go stay there anymore. Qiao Yuan sniffed and threw himself into Yu Dameng's arms acting cute, "I want to go home."

Coincidentally, Zhao Shuisheng also needed to go back today, so they caught a ride together.

Qiao Yuan sat in his lounge chair huffing in the hallway, while Yu Dameng brewed medicine and cooked in the yard. Yu Dameng asked him to go to their room several times, but he shook his head. He didn't want to be alone.

When he was sick, he seemed to be especially fragile. He had to see Yu Dameng to feel at ease.

Lin Cuifen heard from Yu Laoda that he had caught a cold and hurried over to see him.

As soon as she entered, she saw Qiao Yuan sitting outside in the hallway, enjoying the breeze. She scolded Yu Dameng for a long time, "Is this how you take care of someone?"

"Mom, I wanted to sit outside myself." Qiao Yuan quickly explained to her.

Lin Cuifen looked at his tired appearance and felt regretful in her heart. "I should have given you the two light padded jackets I made earlier. These past few days haven't been as warm as before, you must have caught cold from the morning and night chill, and overwork."

"Mom, I don't usually feel cold." He was wearing three layers of clothes inside and outside. Where did he need to wear a light-padded jacket?

Lin Cuifen was not convinced. She took him to the room and went back to the old house to get him a thin jacket. She repeatedly told him to wear it in the morning and evening from now on.