𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

Heading down the elevator, Orion turns to Colleen not having met her. He's heard a few stories that had left his wife and sister-in-law's lips. He had heard how she was a kind, good woman and a protective mother.

Smiling softly at her, he lifts a hand up, introducing himself, "Orion, I'm Morana's husband."

Colleen stares at his hand for a second or two a little worried about getting shocked, Morana leans over his shoulder, smiling softly at her, "Don't worry Colleen, he doesn't shock people that I like."

Colleen nods, taking in his hand, "C—"

"Colleen Holt. Morana, Mavros, and Y/n have mentioned you on numerous occasions." He flashes her a dashing smile. "Though your husband had them outmatched as he kept talking about you the entire ride here."

"Oh, really?" Her cheeks flush with red. That it made the married couple see a lot of Pidge in her. She opens her mouth to ask him, both of them a question.

However Iverson had silenced her voice within his own, "We've been studying the ship that Shiro crashed landed in for the last year, and we've begun to research on the ship you three arrived in. We thought the technology would be the exact same, but that's not the case."

Morana didn't even need to peer down to know such a difference. One was Galran and the other Altean. "That's because one of them is Galran, and the other, Altean," Sam clears up the confusion. "Created by two different alien species. So did you get it airborne?"

"Unfortunately, no." Iverson answers. "We got the nav system and other instruments on by powering them externally, but the power to take them to fly is unsustainable."

"Hmm, the crystal must have been damaged on entry if you couldn't power it." Sam explains.

Sanda questioned, "Crystal?"

"It's the main energy source for most alien spacecraft. If you haven't been getting it running, then what have you been doing with it?" He answers then changes the subject.

"We created a simulator based on the controls so that when we figure out how to integrate the tech into our own ships, we'll be ready to fly."

Finally getting to the ground the six of them leave it, heading up to six cadets. "Commander Holt, General Jameson-Visha," Iverson starts. "I'd like to introduce you to the best pilots to come out of the Galaxy Garrison in the last year. These are officers Griffin, Rizavi, Kinkade, Leifsdottir, Gilbert, and Bancroft." All of them standing in formation. All of them saluting to the two who had been raised from this program. "They're young, but their ability to adapt to new flying techniques is a step above."

The Griffin boy lowers his hand, stepping out of formation. Stepping closer to the two that had their names haunting this very establishment. "On behalf of my squadron, it's an honor to meet you, sir, ma'am."

"I've got them running drills in the simulator five days a week. They can take about anything you throw at them."

Sam nods, "Good. Now it's time to get them out of the simulator and flying these real things." His eyes then adjust to Morana and Orion, smirking, "And teach them just what these Galra are all about."

Rizavi breaks her formation, slamming her hand down to the side, "But they aren't working, sir."

"Then we better get them working."

Morana paces back and forth from the six fighter pilots. Orion looked over the weapon choices they had to offer which wasn't much.