𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

Walking down the long hallways of the Galaxy Garrison dressed in the standard uniforms they gave to all students. White and orange coats accented with black and two yellow stripes bars that rested on their shoulders. Paired with dark gray pants and a black belt, and black combat boots.

Following right after Commander Black, Astraea's father, Nyx. He was a decently young man, younger than Iverson yet older than Shiro but looked to have some light gray patches in his dark raven black hair, mostly just a patch around his temple.

He was currently leading the two girls to Astraea's mother's office so he could get some office work done and not have two constant distractions about when they could take on the simulators. Plus he wanted to see his lovely wife,  Lieutenant Black, Bellatrix—Bella or Trixie for short, mostly Trixie—so he could give her, her favorite flowers, Lady Tulips (which he held), white Orchids (Astraea held), and lastly Lily 'Stargazer's' (Y/n held).

Heading past an office with two people sitting outside, two children around her and Astraea's age. Both girls recognized them seeing they were in the same class. James Griffin had a developing horrible nasty bruise forming just below his right eye. Dark blues mixing with light purples and dark blacks.

Y/n had noticed inside Shiro sitting in front of the disciplinary lady that she wasn't all too fond of, always finding herself in trouble for dumb things.

Lips thinning, Y/n stopped moving all together her eyes finding a hold of a kid she had never seen before. Not really. And she grew up within this area (a little less than Astraea but she still grew up within its foundation.) Tilting her head to the side, Astraea catching her best friend's stare, she joins her best friend's side.

"What do you want?" He asks unnerved, never being stared at for this long, it was unsettling. 

Astraea wraps her arm around Y/n's arm tugging her into her. "She's never seen you before and wants to know your name."

Opening his mouth, his voice never touching their ears, as the kid sitting two feet away from him spoke up, "You seriously want to know his name? The emo kid?"

Astraea's face morphed into a look of disgust whilst Y/n only sent him a death glare. A glare that unsettled most that freaked out more people than she cared to admit. "I'm sorry were we asking you, Bruisie?"

The Griffin boy goes to speak up but is silenced by the blonde haired child with two long large strands of purple stripes, "Thought not, now pip down and wait until you're spoken to." Her electric blue eyes then land back on Keith. "So what is it?"

Keith finally answers, a little shocked that anyone spoke up on his behalf. Allowing him light in the situation, "K...Keith." Although he hated that his accent had come to slip. An accent his father had given him, a Texan one. One that made him seem more country than he actually is.

Astraea smiles widely, nodding her head, "Well it was nice meeting you Emo Cowboy—"

"Why are you here?" Y/n question, the first time she spoke to a mere stranger all because she was fascinated by his mere aura.

His violet eyes flicker towards James, pursing his lips, he answers through gritting teeth, "I punched him."

"Once?"

"Once."

"Why?"

"Because he got us–"

Y/n's (color) eyes flashed towards James Griffin that made him swallow his own words and backed away from the intensity of the look she gave him. Keith swallowed on his own saliva never having someone do this for him, never wanting to be heard. Not until Shiro came around. "What did he say to you?"

Keith repeats, "Is that what Mommy and Daddy told you before..." He frowns. His eyes drowned in anger.

Both Astraea and Y/n knew that look when he repeated those words. Y/n knew just the anger behind the harsh words. Glancing back at the Griffin boy, she mutters, "Should've let you throw more punches." Keith eyes widen staring at her.

Left watching in pure bewilderment as she plucks out one singular Lily 'Stargazer' from the bouquet of flowers she held and hands it to him. 

His own hand falters a second or two before grasping a hold of the stem, brushing his warm hands along her cold one feeling shivers crawling up his own arm and down his spine. A feeling no one really made him feel. His cheeks brightly turned red, revealing absolutely everything he felt towards this very moment. A core memory he'll hold onto forever.

"Girls?" Nyx calls out, nodding his head towards the direction of Trixie's office. "Come on."

Seeing the two turns, Keith calls out, "Wait I never got your name!"

Astraea throws over her shoulder, "You'll learn soon enough Emo Cowboy!"

Keith stared as they left, couldn't help but think that he wanted to get to know her. Figure out the girl that gave him a flower name. Wanted to learn more and more about her. Wanted to hear more of her voice with each passing day.

The two never spoke after that. Only glancing at one another and hearing whispering mentions from others just to learn more about the other. And Keith Kogane fell in love with the words that were told about Y/n Jameson-Visha without ever fully talking to her.