Lin Mitsori

Fandom: Attack on Titan

Lin and her family lived just outside of Wall Maria, her father refusing to be trapped by the walls. When a wandering Titan attacks, her parents tell Lin to take her little brother Dylan to the gate, that they would be right behind them.

Lin reaches the gate of Wall Maria and finally looks back to find her parents, but they are no where to be seen. She convinces Dylan to go through the gate and wait for her and their parents. Once he's gone, she goes searching. She finds their father half crushed under a pile of rubble. There's no sign of her mother except a bloody piece of her dress, clutched in her father's hands. She rushes to help her dad get free, but a Titan catches sight of her. She refuses to leave her father to die alone.

A soldier from the Garrison sees the struggle and comes to her aid, grabbing her by the arm and using his ODM gear to escape. Unfortunately, the Titan is too close and manages to bite off Lin's right leg and arm. The soldier gets her to safety while a squad of soldiers distract the monster.  They manage to save her dad, but he's paralyzed from the waist down.

After settling in a new home within Wall Maria, her father - an engineer - designs and builds prosthetic limbs to replace those she lost.

Several years later, the Colossal Titan attacks. Their father is killed and Dylan and Lin get separated. Lin steals the ODM gear from a fallen scout and makes it out of Shiganshina, but there's no sign of Dylan and she fears the worst. She enlists at the age of 15 (2 years after the attack), after she's exhausted her options searching for Dylan, and joins the 104th Cadet Corps.

She trains alongside Armin, Mikasa, and Eren. No one knows about her prosthetics until they start hand-to-hand combat training and someone tries to punch her and she blocks it with her metal arm.

She graduates among the top 10 of the class.

She's on wall supply duty with Eren, when the Colossal Titan attacks Wall Rose. She tries to help Eren fight it, but it vanishes before they can deal any real damage. They report back to HQ and the soldiers prepare for battle. The recruits are split into many squads to try and hold back the Titans.

Lin's squad is near the front and gets wiped out within moments. She struggles to fight back, to cause just enough trouble to get away. A Titan grabs her right leg as she tries to leap away, but she detaches her prosthetic and tumbles to the ground. She drags herself into the nearest building to hide. She finds a thick piece of wood and creates a primitive replacement for her leg so she can escape.

She regroups with Jean's squad and finds a shocked Armin among them. When Mikasa arrives, Armin tells them that Eren and the rest of his squad was killed.

Lin looks out at the city, realizing the hopelessness of their situation. They're only goal now is to escape with their lives; and, for that, they need to refuel and resupply at HQ, which is surrounded by Titans.

With no other options, they go for it. Mikasa's ODM gear runs out of fuel and she drops. Armin goes after her and the rest of them continue on.

Lin gets batted out of the sky by a 15-meter-class. It drops her in its mouth, but she uses her swords to stop herself from sliding down its throat. It bucks and whips it's head at the stabbing pain, but she manages to fire her ODM gear and drag herself out of its mouth. She hits the wall she's anchored to and is knocked unconscious, but not before she sees a huge Titan come to her rescue.

During her recovery, Dylan finds her and gives her a new prosthetic leg, which their dad taught him to build. She's overjoyed to discover that her brother is alive. He tells her that he enlisted 1 year after the attack - as soon as he was old enough. He joined the Survey Corp so he could fight to avenge his family.