Rayna Haddock

Fandom: How to Train your Dragon

When Rayna was four, her mother was taken by dragons while protecting her baby brother.

Five years later, the Outcasts attack Berk and take Rayna as revenge against Stoik.

On their way to Outcast Island, Rayna causes so much trouble that Alvin sells her to a shady merchant who leaves the archipelago. She's bought by a crew of dragon hunters and forced to do their hard labor. She cleans cages and tends to dragons for 4 years, sleeping in a cage alongside them.

Unable to take the cruelty anymore, she frees one of the hunters' rare dragons - a grey-blue tidal class that can camouflage itself.

The captain - Ryker - discovers her actions and has her thrown overboard with her arms and legs bound. Before she drowns, the dragon she rescued - the sea wing - saves her life.

She spends the next seven years training the sea wing and fighting the dragon hunters. She uses the shed scales of her dragon to create fireproof armor and clothes that also allow her to camouflage when she's touching her dragon - (Sheera).

She hears stories of a new band of dragon riders and goes to investigate, shocked when she discovers her little brother leading them.

Terrified to reveal herself, she lends her aid from afar, intervening but never showing her face.

When the speedstingers reach Dragon's Edge, she defends the others and sends (sheera) after to protect them. She holds the dragons off for a while, but one gets behind her and stabs it's stinger through her back, paralyzing her and leaving her to bleed out after (Sheera) chases them off.

Hiccup and the others find her and bring her back to the Edge to heal.

She doesn't explain to Hiccup who she is, but tells him her name and stays a while to get to know the dragon riders.

Viggo captures her and (Sheera) during one of their attacks on his fleet. Rayna manages to free (Sheera) a few weeks later. Her dragon returns to the Edge, alerting the others that she's in danger.

Viggo figures out who Rayna is and uses her as leverage, telling Hiccup the truth. He doesn't believe it, but helps Rayna escape. She convinces him that she really is his sister - that she was taken when he was five. She makes him promise not to tell Stoic, promising to go to him when she's ready.

During one of Stoic's visits to the edge, he meets her and quickly recognizes her. After a long overdue reunion, he returns to Berk, trying to convince Rayna to return with him, but failing.

With the truth out, she decides to stay on the Edge and help the other stop Viggo.

When the others finally return to Berk for good, Rayna goes with. She helps Hiccup as he makes his map as she's explored farther than him.

On one of his ventures outside the archipelago, he finds a dragon hunter base blown to bits and frozen. Remembering what she's learned about the alpha dragon, she takes off to investigate. She tracks down Valka in the dragon's nest and can't believe she's found her mother.

After Hiccup and Stoic catch up with her, Drago arrives and attacks the nest. The alpha is killed and Drago takes everyone's dragons, forcing Toothless to kill Stoic.

When they get back to Berk, it's in icy ruins. Hiccup gets Toothless back and fight off Drago and defeat the alpha.

Rayna helps them raid the hunters' ships and rescue dragons.

When they flee Berk to find the Hidden World, she helps her mom scout the path.

She struggles to say goodbye to Sheera and helps the Berkians build a new life on their new island.