Lindsey Cross

Fandom: The Librarians

One of the candidates to take over the role of the Librarian, Lindsey is initially passed over, but is chosen as an intern of sorts. She acts as the literal librarian of the Library. She categorizes books and artifacts that Flynn Carsen, the Librarian, brings back from his missions.

She's has a vast knowledge of things and an intuition akin to Sherlock Holmes.

After several years of this, three more candidates arrive at the Library - Jacob Stone, Cassandra Cillian, and Ezekiel Jones. Flynn gets a new Protecter named Eve Baird - previously in the army.

Completing several missions with the others, she's finally accepted as a true Librarian along with the other three.

When Flynn's old Protecter makes an appearance, they go on a mission with her. While protecting the others, Lindsey gets shot.

Jacob rushes her back to the Library, in the hopes that Jenkins, the Caretaker, can help her.

Jenkins performs a magical spell to heal her, but it requires that he tether her to the Library so she can't leave for very long without her body shutting down. Jenkins decides not to tell her, not allowing her to go on missions, until she sneaks away one day and almost gets herself killed.

There is some romantic interest between Jacob and Lindsey, but, when she finds out that she can't leave, she tries to convince him to move on.

Flynn presumably leaves and the others have to decide who will take over as THE Librarian.

In the trial to decide who will take over, Lindsey proves her skill and her wit. They break free of the test, but the Library kills Jenkins, leading them to abandon the Library.

This throws the world into a reality where the Library never existed. Lindsey has no memory, but still needs the Library's magic to survive.

Eve manages to bring them all together and save the Library/the World and they live happily ever after... I guess. (Because she's tied to the Library, she remembers everything that happens when they go back to the tethering ceremony rehearsal, unlike the others.)