Kiah/Orphan

Fandom: Cursed

In another life, Merlin the Magician helped a young Fey woman through the complicated end of her pregnancy. Her baby was in danger and Merlin made a deal with the Spirits of Death to spare the infant girl's life.

Unfortunately, he did not comprehend the Spirits' price until the girl was born with a peculiar birth mark - the Fey mark for death - on the back of her neck. He had unintentionally granted one of the Death Spirits the right to use the girl as a host body in the corporeal realm.

As she grows up, Kiah has to fight to stay in control of herself, because the Spirit inside her constantly tries to take over and use her as an instrument of death.

When the Orphan takes over, her eyes turn black and dark veins spread under her skin. Her powers allow her to siphon off the life force of other people. The spirit does this as an incorporeal being, but that simply sets the person's spirit/soul free. When it uses this power within a corporeal host, the energy is trapped, giving the host unnaturally long life.

Kiah is chased out of her village and moves from place to place, never staying somewhere for very long in fear of hurting someone.

In her travels, she comes across Nimue's village and befriends the outcast girl. They become like sisters, but Kiah's powers act up one morning and she flees the village in fear, leading Nimue to believe Kiah had abandoned her.

When Nimue is forced to flee her home and fulfill her mother's dying wish, she runs into trouble with a group of Red Paladins. She's surrounded, but Kiah has been tracking the Paladins, interfering with their operations in an attempt to save some of her people. She steps in, putting herself between Nimue and the Paladin's. As her anger rises, the Orphan tries to take over. She tells Nimue to run as the last of her strength fades.

The Orphan massacres the Paladins, flees the scene, and searches for Merlin, having recognized the hilt of Nimue's sword.

When she finds Merlin, she confronts him, taunting him with his past mistake - creating her, releasing the Orphan.

Later, Merlin meets with Nimue. She asks about Kiah and he explains what happened.

When the Paladin's hunt down the Fey encampment, Kiah rushes to their aid, having quelled the Orphan for now. As the battle rages, she feels the spirit trying to claw its way to the surface. She finds a spot to hide and comes to an arrangement with the death-bringer, allowing it take over her body, but not her mind. This gives her some control over her actions and gives her the power to take out the Paladin's.

And then the show was canceled, so, I don't know what happens next. Nimue dies... I think, so... 🤔 I have a few questions, but yeah, that's it for Kiah's story I guess.