Zena - The Last Erexian

Fandom: Ben 10/Ben 10:Alien Force/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Erexians are a species of peaceful shapeshifters. Given time and practice, they can take the form of any alien species in the universe.

Decades before he created the first prototype of the Omnitrix, Azmeth crash landed on the planet of Erexis. The Erexians took him in and nursed him back to health. As he observed their way of life, he grew increasingly intrigued by their empathy for and understanding of the other alien species. Their peaceful nature sparked his inspiration for the Omnitrix - a device that would allow him to transform, to understand the other species as the Erexians did.

He convinced their leader to give him a sample of Erexian DNA so he could build such a device. After some convincing, they agreed and he returned to Galvin to begin work on the Omnitrix.

Others began to view the Erexians as a threat and Azmeth provided them with planetary defenses to help ward off the newly arising threats.

When Zena was 8, Vilgax attacked. Having studied the failures of previous attackers, he managed to overpower the defenses and make it to the planet's surface.

Although the Erexians were not fighters, their ability allowed them to hold their own against his attacks. It took Vilgax a month to capture Sector 1 of Erexis. When the tribe fell, the surrounding sectors warned the rest of the planet and they began a mass exodus. Many of the able-bodied citizens chose to meet Vilgax on the battlefield and buy the others time to escape. Among those volunteers, Zena's father - Ovarin - joined the fight.

Having learned how to fight the Erexians, Vilgax quickly battles his way to Sector 5, just outside of Zena's tribe. With no more time, they flee the planet with who and what they have.

The Erexian survivors travel space looking for a new planet for them to call home. They send out scouts to survey the planets.

Zena, at age 10, is sent to earth. She spends a year learning and observing the planet and the humans. Just before she was going to return to the fleet and report, her ship gets destroyed in the crossfire of a fight between two aliens.

She shocked to find that one of the aliens turns into a human after the battle. Intrigued and unable to leave the planet, she follows this strange creature, half-convinced that it's another Erexian.

As she watches him and his companions, she discovers that the boy has the Omnitrix - the device Azmeth modeled after their DNA.

During the following battles, she gets bolder and throws herself in harms way to help protect the civilians during the boy, Ben's, fights.

Ben's grandpa starts to take notice of her involvement.

When they finally track her down and corner her, she explains her situation and why she's following them. They try to help her find a way off the planet while also fighting the aliens coming after Ben and the Omnitrix.

When Vilgax himself comes after the Omnitrix, he tells Zena that he destroyed the Erexian fleet, killing the rest of her species. After he's defeated, she goes looking for the fleet, not wanting to believe that she was the last of her kind.

She finally returns to help Ben, Gwen, and Max as they deal with a rogue Ghost Freak.

When Ben figured out the master control for the Omnitrix, Vilgax returns. They fight him off.

Upon Max's invitation, she stays with them on the Rust Bucket, helping them fight off aliens.

They notice a pattern in some of the aliens they face and discover that Ghost Freak is still alive and after Ben.