chapter twenty-four, twisted

The light above Atsumu's head was agonizingly too bright on his eyes and the handcuffs that wrapped around his wrist were painfully digging into his skin. He laid his arms on a dark wooden table while his leg would not stop shaking from underneath it. He was drowning in his anxiety as he sat on the small metal chair in the interrogation room.

How long has it been since he was dragged out of volleyball practice by officers and taken to this uncomfortable interrogation room?

His mom is gonna kill him- Osamu gonna kill him-

Atsumu snapped out of thought as an officer appeared in his room, the tag on his uniform clearly said 'Sawamura.' The officer sat across from Atsumu, his hands folded on the table.

"Do you know why you're here, son?" the officer asked, his voice deep and cold, Atsumu could already tell the officer hated him by the way he looked at him. Atsumu timidly shook his head, looking down at the table, too nervous to look into the officer's hateful glare. The officer slowly slides a printed picture towards Atsumu.

It's a screenshot of the post of him kissing Y/n, poor Y/n- who hasn't been found since the camping trip.

"I- I didn't do anything to her- it was just a dumb picture- I-" Atsumu stuttered, clearly nervous, his heart running miles around the room.

"Don't lie to me kid- you were the last person seen with her. Now, tell me what you did to her" the officer mumbled, looking annoyed at Atsumu.

"I never physically hurt her - we got into an argument and then I posted that stupid-stupid- stupid picture. Then I left her"
"So you just left that poor girl alone? In the middle of the woods, in freezing temperatures?"
"No-NO- I came back, an hour later but she was already gone- and I don't know... I just figured she found the road and hitchhiked... I never expected that she'd go missing. I promise- I would have never done any of that if I knew this would happen" Atsumu pleaded, as he leaned over the table.
"DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME" the officer snapped, hitting the table- probably wishing it was Atsumu's face that he was punching. Atsumu to flinch dramatically, trying to hold back tears. He always knew that being a dirtbag would eventually catch up with him- he just never knew it would make him a suspect in a murder ...
---
According to Kenma, you have been on 'good behavior,' so instead of having your worn-out wrists tied in restraints, only your leg was chained to the bed. It was nice to be able to not be contained to such a tiny radius, however, your chains wouldn't even let you touch the staircase that led to the door,
they made sure it didn't.
You've been trying to keep your body fit, every second that Kenma or Kuroo weren't there to monitor you, you'd be practicing home exercise. Resorting to either doing pushups, sit ups, or some weird exercise done by the volleyball teams you managed for.

Was it a pathetic attempt to get stronger? Probably.
Did you have anything better to do? Not really.

As you were midway through attempting to do a sit-up, you could hear the doorknob twist, quickly you rushed to go sit on your bed, wiping any sweat on your face with the blanket.

The familiar black hair and dyed blonde hair walked down the narrow stairs, Kuroo seemed happier than normal, and even Kenma was smiling. As Kuroo walked closer to you, you could see a green champagne bottle in his hand, while Kenma was holding glasses.

"They finally got him! " Kuroo cheered as he sat on your bed, settling the champagne bottle on your night table, motioning Kenma for the glasses.

"Got who?" You asked, looking at Kuroo's smug face.

"Show her the picture, Kenma" Kuroo nudged his friend. Kenma grumbled as he shoved his hand in his pocket to pull out his cracked phone, the phone's bright screen showing you a  picture of Atsumu being put into handcuffs and dragged out of a gymnasium.
Was it nice to see the douchebag who publicly posted a picture of you two kissing in handcuffs?