chapter eighteen, friends

Kuroo was sitting on your bare staircase, stripped from the red carpet that once covered it. His elbows rested on his knees, hands dangled over his messier than usual dark hair, "I'm going to fucking kill her" he mumbled, an uncontrollable smile creeping on his face, silently laughing to himself. Kenma was sitting on the floor, his laptop on his lap, fingers dancing away on the keys,he spent hours trying to track your location but he came out with no results. "That bitch must have dropped her phone in a ditch, I can't fucking track her" Kenma scoffed, frustrated, throwing his laptop to the side,a large crack slicing the screen. "What the fuck are we going to do" Kuroo asked, tilting his head to look at Kenma. Kenma's body was covered in sweat, he looked deranged,his chest heaving up and down, "she's a fucking idiot, she'll mess up, eventually" Kenma responded.

-----

You stared into your soggy wheaty cereal, half submerged in milk, the anxiety in your stomach made it even swallow a single crumb. You weren't entirely nervous that it was going to be your first day in a new environment, you were more nervous if you were going to find another 'Kuroo' or 'Kenma.' The constant emotional and physical torture they inflicted on you felt so unreal. You knew your mind was a mess, you just thought..if you became more positive maybe things will be better! And besides, the chance of finding another manic like them is a silm.

You whipped your chin with an cotton napkin, leaving the dinner table to go walk to school. You rode on your mother's old bicycle that was left in the garage, it was quite rusty but seemed like it still worked, straddling your legs over the saddle, aligning your feet on the pedals, shifting your weight on either side of your feet, the bicycle began to function. You felt the wind flow through your hair as your pace increased, the smell of fresh grass and watered flowers flooded your nose, it was peaceful, struggling to not close your eyes and taking in the auroma.

You chained your bike to a pole in front of the school, praying that little kids down the street won't steal it, clenching your backpack's strap as you joined the group of people walking into Inarizaki. You searched around the crowd, not seeing any familiar faces, sighing as your head dropped to the ground.

You were put in a lower than average class, your grades really dropped in Nekoma because you really didn't have time to study with the constant worrying if you were going to get beaten to a pulp by your upperclassmen. You really did want to talk to someone, maybe make a friend or two but you just couldn't bring yourself to introduce yourself. You knew you were going to hate yourself later for that.

You spent lunch alone, sitting at your desk, resting your head on your hand. There was a million thoughts in your mind but one overpowered the rest, 'I'm alone again.' You weren't sure if you should be grateful or not. Even if Kuroo and Kenma were the bane of your existence, maybe you missed them? You couldn't even bring yourself to say their name out loud but a part of you just wanted to see the dark haired third year and his fake blonde best friend.You glanced at the doorway of your classroom, seeing a dark hair, instantly reminding you of Kuroo, standing up from your seat to go follow him.

You didn't know why you found yourself following this random person, there was no way he was Kuroo, right? You didn't even take a single look at his face before you followed him into the gymnasium, pushing the doors open, everyone's eyes staring at you.

"Suna, who's your friend?" asked a volleyball member, he was shorter than the boy you were following, he had a friendly smile, his hair also a dark color. "What friend?" the dark haired student asked before turning his head to glare at you. His eyes were yellow, his posture was terrible, thin eyebrows and a stoic expression. You stuttered for a response to come out your mouth,a hundred terrible outcomes of this situations forms in your mind,