chapter seventeen, new life

You walked down the sidewalk, considering all the possible choice you could do,

Maybe you should tell your mom the truth! Then she'll go to the police and-

You don't have enough proof for the case..and there was no way Kenma's mom would testify against her own son. What if your mom ends up like Shoyo?

It was far too late to turn back, your phone blasting with texts and threats from Kuroo, you stopped in front of a store, the light illuminating on your skin. An idea struck your mind, walking into the store, counting the pocket change in your hand, this should be enough to buy-

"I'd like to buy some..condoms" you nervously asked the cashier, a much older boy, who seemed amused that a girl like you were buying condoms. "What brand," he asked, turning around, his back facing you, pointing to the several types of condoms brands on the shelf behind the register.

"Uh durex " you answered, picking the first one that caught your eye, fiddling your thumbs together to try to calm your anxiety, the cashier chuckled to himself. "What size?" he questioned.

"Large" you responded, cheeks turning flustered, averting your eyes, thanking God you were the only one at the convenience store.

"That'll be two dollars and fifty cents" he announced, turning to face you and placing the box of condoms on the counter. You quickly slammed the money on the counter, grabbing the condoms, "t-thank you, good night" you stuttered, rushing out of the store, fanning yourself as you felt the fresh air hit your face.

"That was the most awkward thing I've ever done" you laughed to hide the feeling of adrenaline. You sighed, holding the box of condoms to the sky. "Mom might kill me but at least I'll be free from these freaks" you mumbled to yourself, sliding the condoms in your pocket.

----

"Mom, I'm home" you called out, your mother walking towards you, holding a batch of a fresh plate of cookies. "Welcome home, I made cookies~" she sang, holding up the tray of cookies. "What's the occasion?" you asked, picking up the baked goods and taking a bite. "Why can't I just make my daughter some cookies?" she questioned, her hand covered in oven mitts cupping her waist. You slide your hand in your pocket, mentally preparing yourself, "thanks mom" you smiled, as you walked away you pushed the condom out of your pocket. You instantly turned around to look at your mother's shocked expression, "Y/n L/n, is that a condom. Oh my goodness, you're having sex? Don't you know how young you are. You're so irresponsible! " your mother barked, putting her free hand through her hair, her face heating up from anger, vein popping out of her forehead.

"No, no mom you don't understand," you said, trying to calm her down. Her eyes widen, her arms flinging out, "oh please, explain it to me" she laughed, sarcastically. You took a gulp, "a guy at my school wants to have sex with me..but I promise you, I don't wanna do it" you explained, acting sad and scared. Your mother slowly calmed down, "We'll tell the principal, I'll make sure he never steps foot in that school again" she uttered. You aggressively shook your head, "that won't work, he's the principal's son" you responded. Your mother bit her lip, nervous, closing her eyes, trying to form an idea, "we'll move back to Miyagi Prefecture and enroll you back into Karasuno'' your mother claimed.

You really wanted to go back to Karasuno, but you knew..that would be the first place Kenma and Kuroo looked for. You sighed, "actually.. I wanted to enroll to Inarizaki. I heard the students there are respectful" you advised. You were just saying fake information to her, you didn't know a lot about Inarizaki, it was just the first school that came to mind. Your mother sighed, pulling you into her arms, rubbing your back, "if that's what you really want..I'll schedule it tomorrow" she mumbled. You could feel tears of relief in the corner of your eyes, finally.. You'll be saved from this mess, you managed to hold in your tears, it'd be embarrassing to cry in front of your mother.