chapter sixteen, shoyo

You were laying on your bed, sideways, eyes burning from the light illuminating from your phone screen. You weren't sure how late in the night it was but it didn't matter because Kenma wanted to text you. Kenma had an unusual sleeping habit, he'll fall asleep early but wake up super early to play video games, so when he texted you goodnight at 7 pm..you thought that would be the end of the conversation but three hours later he was wide awake. If you didn't answer Kenma's text, he would start getting aggressive, calling you 'slut', a 'whore who's probably too busy getting fucked', 'lazy bitch', etcetera. You couldn't handle the consistent teasing and emotionally abusive words, so you learned to adapt to his schedule.

It wasn't like you had anything better to do.

Your world basically revolves around them, if Kenma wanted to text you in the middle of the night for hours, he'll do it. If Kuroo wanted to give you hickeys in the supply closet, you'll be sitting on his lap receiving them. You weren't going to lie to yourself..you were getting tired. They were emotionally draining, Kenma's bipolar attitude towards you and Kuroo's clinginess were too much to handle.

You found yourself hugging your knees at the school's bathroom, crying. It wasn't unusual for you to have a mental breakdown over them, you were powerless when it came to Kenma and Kuroo. The only thing you could do was make it hurt less..still, the few seconds alone, sobbing your eyes out in the locked bathroom stall was more than blissful for you. It made you feel pathetic but it was the best way you coped.

You knew you only had a few minutes alone before Kuroo would drag you out of the stall to provide him the attention he craved.

But you were going to save yourself from that embarrassment, dusting your skirt as you arose from the bathroom's floor. You glanced at yourself in the mirror as you walked past it, you no longer saw the happy girl you used to be but maybe...Kenma and Kuroo can fix that. You pushed open the gym's door, the smell of musk and axe body spray irritated your nose.

"Y/n! C'mere, sweetheart" Kuroo chuckled, from across the gym, holding a worn-out volleyball. You sighed as you walked over to Kuroo, he instantly wrapped his arms around your shoulder, "what's with the long face, huh?" he cooed.

"I'm just tired" you mumbled, your shoulders tensing. "Awh, my poor baby, could ya stop by Kenma's house tonight. He's been talking about this new video game...and I kinda wanna cheer him up. He's been gloomier recently." Kuroo uttered, his face inching closer to your cheek.

 It was true, even though Kenma was the hands that brutally murdered Shoyo, you felt like he regretted it. You wouldn't be surprised if he did, Shoyo was entertaining to Kenma, Shoyo was probably one of the only people who Kenma respected. Maybe Kenma wasn't that bad.

No- no...Kenma couldn't feel anything, he's a psychopath, Y/n. Why are you even thinking like this?

"I'll have to ask my mom first" you answered, feeling somewhat uncomfortable from Kuroo's public affection.

Kuroo tilted his head, "your mom does approve of us, right?" Kuroo questioned, his eyebrow cocking.

If you were being honest, your mother would kill, you had sex with these men, they drag you everywhere, your mother would absolutely hate them...But you couldn't tell Kuroo that. He would have seen your mother as a threat to your precious relationship.

"I-i tell my mom a lot about you, two. She absolutely loves you guys" you answered, hoping your acting skills were believable. Kuroo beamed, "wonderful, I can't wait to meet the women who brought you to us" Kuroo cooed. Great, now Kuroo wants to meet your mother.

You felt a strand of your hair rise, turning your head to see Kenma playing with your hair, "oh sorry.." he mumbled, dropping it. There was an awkward silence until Kuroo broke it, "Kenma, how would you feel about meeting Y/n's mom, eh?" Kuroo sang.