chapter two, manager

It was the end of your first month at Nekoma. Everything was peaceful and you got well with Nekoma's volleyball team. You discovered a few things this month, like,

Kenma is a huge gamer, Lev is half Russian but has no idea how to speak Russian, Taro is exactly like Tanaka and Kuroo is a big chemistry nerd. You never missed a day of practice, mainly because practice reminded you of Karasuno. So it was no surprise when the whole team invited you to eat out with them one night.

"So, Y/n what's your favorite food? I'm buying!" Kuroo said.

"Oh! I really like-"

"It better not be fish," Yaku commented.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH FISH?" Kuroo yelled.

"MEAT IS BETTER," Yaku yelled back.

"I like both-," You said.

"GOD, MEAT ISN'T AS HEALTHY AS FISH," Kuroo said.

Wow, they completely ignored you-

"OH GOD DONT YOU DARE GO OFF TO A CHEMISTRY TED TALK" Yaku groaned.

"I'M JUST SHARING MY KNOWLEDGE, IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE MY ACADEMIC SUCCESS " Kuroo yelled.

"Will you two shut up and let her pick. " Kenma snapped. Both of their heads turned back to you. "I- How about we go out for some baked goods?" You suggested. Kuroo and Yaku looked at each other and nodded. "Sweets aren't bad." Yaku said. "Just don't eat too many, LEV" Kuroo said. "WHAT? WHY ME?" Lev cried. "Because I said so," Kuroo snickered,

You went to a bakery with the entire team.

"Y/n, you can pick first," Kuroo said. You smiled. "Uh, I'll have a slice of apple pie, I love apple pie!" You commented. Kenma looked at you. "That's my favorite too" Kenma commented. You grinned at Kenma. "Hah! Twinning" You said.

You sat outside with the team while eating your baked goods.

"So Y/n... The team has been wondering... We appreciate you hanging out with us and all but, I think it'd be a lot better if you became our manager. " Kuroo said. The team looked at you.

"Y-you want me as your manager?" You asked, wiping a piece of pie from your face. Kuroo grinned. "No pressure, I- we think it'd be a good idea," Kuroo said. "You don't have to say yes" Yaku added. You shook your head. "No-no I would love to be your manager!" You said. Everyone cheered. "Then it's decided, Y/n will be Nekoma's new manager," Kuroo said. You grinned.

You walked home with Kenma, Yaku, Kuroo, and Kai. Yaku yawned and stretched his arms.

"Cake makes me tired" Yaku sung. You laughed. Yaku turned his head. "What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing, You just remind me of a cute, little, cat when you yawn." You laughed. Yaku became flustered. "Hmph, I'm not that cute," Yaku said. Kuroo glared at you. He said nothing but there was something off about him. You were confused, was he mad? You looked away and remained silent for the rest of the walk.

(SHORT CHAPTER sorry im tired-)