chapter five, hide and seek

You didn't get much sleep last night. The memory of the dead cat on your doorstep burned your eyes. You yawned and walked downstairs to say goodbye to Hinata.

You gave him one last hug.

"I'll miss you Shoyo, Come back soon"

Hinata laughed. "C'mon Y/n! It's not like I'm going to die of anything"

You watched him walk away.

Your mother pats your back. "Y/n, you look sick. Have you been taking your vitamins?" Your mother asked.

"MOM I'M IN HIGH SCHOOL NOW, I don't need vitamins" You groaned. Your mother scoffed,

"I just want a healthy daughter," She said. You rolled your eyes.

"I'll take them now, I guess," You said. Your mother clapped her hands. "Atta girl" She sang.

You reached to your medicine cabinet. You grabbed an orange pill jar. You gave it a good shake.

You opened the prescription. "Are these new pills mom?" You asked.

Your mother nodded, "The doctors said you need stronger pills because your older. Be careful though your body might get some side effects" Your mom said.

"Huh? What side effects?" You asked. "Hmm oh you know the usual, nausea, really bad diarrhea, and stomach cramps-" Your mother hummed. "Fine, forget I asked," you said. Your mother chuckled.

You swallowed the pills. Your phone vibrated. "Y/n, you got a message " Your mother sang. "I know, but from who," You said. You grabbed your phone. It was from the volleyball team.

KUROO: "EVERYONE REPORT TO THE GYM TODAY AT 10"

TARO: "tf why?"

KUROO: "don't worry about it"

LEV: "Is this more training :("

KENMA: "you need more training you, titan."

LEV: "HOW COME KENMA ONLY TEXTS TO TARGET ME"

YAKU: "why are you so surprised :-,) "

You snicked at the texts. Your mother raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you got a boyfriend?" She asked. You shook your head. "OH MY GOD MOM NO, it's from my volleyball team. " You said. Your mother rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah, what do they want from my sweet girl," Your mother said.

"Just a meet up at the gym at 10," You said. Your mother shook her head. "Absolutely not," She said. "Huh? WHY NOT?" You asked

"How am I going to know you're not gonna come home late AGAIN" she responded. You bit your tongue. "Umm, I KNOW! Lev's sister, Alisa, can pick me up" You suggested.

Your mom looked at you.

"She knows how to drive well?"

"I thi- I mean yes"

"How old is she?"

"19"

". . . Ok, I GUESS YOU CAN GO AFTER ALL" your mother groaned. You cheered and hug your mom. "THANK YOU! YOU WON'T REGRET THIS!" You laughed. Your mother rolled her eyes. "Just be smart this time, Y/n," she said. You laughed.

You ran to the gym. You decided to wear your casual clothes because it was the weekend. "Hey, guys" You sang and opened the door to the gym. "Kuroo, Y/N here!" Inuoka sang. "WISHDISWHDIW INUOKA DON'T SAY THAT SO LOUD SHE HEARD YOU" Kuroo yelled. You chuckled.

"You told the guys to tell you when I, specifically, got here?" You asked. Kuroo turned his head.

"Yeah- I did," He said. You walked up to Kuroo. "So? What's this for? More training?" you asked. Kuroo blew the hair out of his face. "It's a kind of initiation you gotta do when you join the team" Kuroo explained. You stretched your arms. "Ok- what piece of paper I gotta read out loud," You asked. Kuroo smirked, "No- reading a piece of paper would be too easy Y/n" Kuroo laughed.

"Then what do I gotta do?" You asked.

"What are you afraid of the most Y/n?"Kuroo asked.

"Um.. the dark? Kuroo that's a really weird question" You commented. Kuroo smiled, "I know" He responded. You began to feel uneasy. You looked around you, all the guys looked either guilty or excited. "What are doing Kuroo?" You asked. Kuroo smirked, "Let's play a game, hide and seek. Don't worry it'll be easy. We play a simple game of hiding and seek in the gym till midnight." Kuroo asked. "Midnight? What if I get caught?" You asked. Kuroo smiled, "then you'll lose and that'll be it!" Kuroo added. You sighed and agreed. All the other guys starting putting on weird monster masks. Lev bumped into you. "OWH- LEV-" You exclaimed.

"SHHH, y/n. Be careful of this game okay.. I was the last one to play it. It always has some weird twist." Lev whispered. "Weird- " You asked. "LEV GET BACK THE SEEKERS" Kuroo yelled. Lev flinched and nodded.

You were the only hider. The seekers wore their weird monster masks. Kuroo handed you a bell. "I have to wear this?" You asked. Kuroo nodded, "the masks kinda fuck up our eyesight. Also, I'd figured your like things hard" Kuroo smirked. You felt uncomfortable by his remark but you shook it off. "Five minutes head start then we're going to get ya" Taro cheered.

Kenma turned on the timer. "Run," Kenma said. You ran across the gym. The locker room seemed like a good hiding place.. Just hide in a locker till midnight Y/n. You opened a locker... it was going to be very dark in there. You hesitate and shut yourself into the locker.

You heard the timer go off.

"C'MON BOYS! IT'S TIME TO FIND US A Y/N" Kuroo shouted. You held your breath.

"Y/n!"

"C'mon my legs are getting tired."

"Y/n if I don't hear a bell shake, I'm shutting off all the light."

You didn't want to move. So... all the lights in the gym went out. You couldn't see anything. You bit your tongue. The tiny creek of the locker door had was now flooded with darkness.

I'm going to die

I'm going to die

I'm going to die

You began to hyperventilate. Then.. you heard footsteps. "There you are'

(should next chapter be nfsw)