chapter twelve, demons

Your heart stopped at the second Kenma's voice came from your phone. Your teeth were chattering and your hands were shaking.

"You better get here in ten minutes or I'm going to fucking bash in Shoyo's head. Do you understand?" Kenma demanded. "I-I'll be there! Pl-please don't hurt him, Kenma" you cried.

"Don't be late" Kenma advised, before hanging up. You shoved your phone into your purse and walked back to Lev.

"Oh, finally! You're back. I didn't eat your food..well maybe a little bit" Lev grinned.

"I have to go" You replied, turning your back to him. "What? I-I can walk you home" he laughed, getting up from his seat. "It's fine, I'll see you tomorrow" you mumbled. You left the cafe without looking back at Lev's disappointed expression.

You unstrapped your high heels and ran for your life to Kenma's house. You were out of breath when you smashed your fist on his door.

The door slowly opened.

"Oh, Y/n! It's so nice to see you again. You're here for Kenma, right?" Kenma's mother sang. You slowly nodded your head. She moved to the side and let you inside. "He's in his room, with a friend," she smiled. You slowly crept up the stairs but once you heard Hinata's muffled cries you started to run.

Kenma was sitting on his bed with Hinata wrapped in duct tape on his chair.

"Shoyo, you're lucky... Y/n actually managed to come here on time" Kenma mumbled.

"P-please let him go,Kenma. He didn't do anything wrong-" You begged before you heard the door shut and lock behind you. You snapped your head to see Kuroo by the door.

"I always knew you were going to act rebellious, Y/n... I just didn't think you were pathetic enough to drag poor Shoyo into this" Kuroo sighed. Kuroo walked up to you and dug his fingernails on your shoulder.

"On your knees" he demanded, dropping his laid-back attitude.

You comply and sit on your knees on the extremely dirty bedroom's floor. Kenma spent too much of his time playing videos game instead of actually cleaning.

Kuroo leaned his foot on your back, causing you to grunt. The pressure of Kuroo's weight leaning on you, felt like your spine was going to break in half. "What are we doing to do with you, Y/n" Kuroo sighed. "I think we should drown her," Kenma blurted out.

Hinata aggressively shook his head and let out muffled cries. Kenma looked over to Hinata and ripped off Hinata's gag. "Do you have something to say, Shoyo?" Kenma asked. Hinata coughed. "D-don't hurt Y/n. It was my idea." Hinata begged.

Kenma chuckled, "Oh Shoyo, we already know that you're also at fault here," Kenma said before gagging Hinata again.

Kuroo pressed more of his weight onto your spine. "Untie Shoyo," Kuroo said. Kenma cocked his eyebrow but obeyed Kuroo's demand. Kenma took out a small pocket knife and cut Hinata's restraints off of his body.

Before Hinata could react, Kenma held the knife to his neck.

"Kneel down, shrimp" Kuroo growled. Kenma placed his foot on Hinata's back and pushed him off of the chair. Hinata fell on his knees and looked up at Kuroo.

"You don't have to do this-" Hinata mumbled.

Kenma stomped on Hinata's back. "Shoyo, just shut up, already," Kenma said.

You heard the sound of Kuroo unbuckling his belt. You closed your eyes, expecting the worse.

"Y/n~ get up" Kuroo smiled. You were yanked up by Kuroo. "Good girl, now take this" Kuroo commented. Kuroo handed you his leather, worn-out, brown belt. You looked down at the belt and up at Kuroo. Kuroo grinned and stepped to the side.

"Kenma, take of Shoyo's shirt"

Kenma held Hinata's head down as he pulled up Hinata's sweat-stained shirt. Kenma threw it to the side of his room and backed away from Hinata.

Kuroo held your wrist and pointed it to Hinata. "Now, you're going to whip Shoyo, while he counts to twenty. If he fucking messes up, you're going to have to restart." Kuroo growled in your ear. Your hands were shaking over the belt as Kuroo guided you behind Hinata.

Your inner mind was telling you,

Hit Kuroo and run away with Hinata!

Choke Kuroo with the belt and Hinata can deal with Kenma.

RUN! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! RUN

You raise your hand in the air and slash the belt onto Hinata's bareback.

"O-One" Hinata grunted.

His pale back now had a red belt imprinted. It made you feel terrible. You look over to Kuroo, he had his hand under his chin with a big smirk.

You swung the leather belt over Hinata's defenseless back, multiple times. It left you mentally damaged, watching the blood on your best friend's back drip onto the floor.

"eig-eight"

"nine-"

.....

"Te-ten"

"Ele-FUCK"

Hinata gripped his fist as he realized his mistake. His eyes glued to the floor, covered in his sweat and blood.

"Ple-please don't make me do it again" you mumbled, shaking your head. Kuroo wrapped you in his arms and rubbed your back.

"Don't worry... You won't have to do it," Kuroo cooed. He slid the belt out of your hand and pushed you to the side.

You watched Kuroo slash the leather belt on Hinata's bruised skin. He didn't even let Hinata take time to catch his breath. He would repeatedly slash Hinata's back, with all of his strength.

"Y-you're going to kill him!" you cried. You tried to hold Kuroo back. Kuroo turned his head to you and tried to pry you off. "Y-Y/n, Stop fucking around" he growled. Hinata took this as a moment to attack. He got up and tackled Kuroo to the ground. Kuroo let out a grunt as he made an impact on the floor. 

Hinata scurried up and grabbed your wrist. "Let's go-" Hinata said to you before Kenma's hand gripped his throat. Hinata tried to scratch Kenma's hands away from his neck. You tried to bud in and help Hinata but Kuroo snatched your wrist and pulled you away.

"Fuc-fucking bitch" Kuroo spat. Kuroo quickly locked his arms around your stomach. .You struggled to squirm out of Kuroo's grip.

You watched as Kenma would flip Hinata onto the bed. Kenma's hand kept a strong grip onto Hinata's neck. Hinata would squirm and groan, trying his best to be released. "Y--y/n" Hinata choked. Hinata's face turned blue and his movement started to become slower. Eventually, Hinata's hand dropped down.

"Holy shit" Kuroo mumbled. You felt fat tears swell in the corner of your eyes and drop down to the floor. "S-Shoyo?" you cried. Kuroo snickered at your emotionally broken expression. You felt his hand drift away from your body. "Why don't you go say sorry to him? This is all your fault" Kuroo smiled. You scrambled onto the bed and next to Kenma. Your hand ghosting over Hinata's cheek.

His throat was bruised and red. There was still sweat dripping from his cheek. His fluffy orange hair was now a mess and he felt so cold. "Shoyo, please don't go" you mumbled.

You failed him

This was all your fault

He's dead

He's dead because of you

You placed his head on your lap and sobbed into his chest. "N-no, don't leave me" you cried. Kenma rubbed your back, "Let this be a lesson, don't be so selfish next time" Kenma mumbled in your ear. Kuroo slid Hinata's head off of your lap. "I'll deal with this, you can go home now, Y/n" Kuroo said.