chapter three, worried

You opened the doors to the gym. "Good aft-" You said.

"Y/N'S FIRST DAY ON BEING NEKOMA'S MANAGER" was written on a banner that was sloppy hung on the wall by Lev and Yaku. "FUCK SHE'S HERE" Lev yelled. Taro and Kuroo slid across the gym and threw confetti in the air. Kenma lazily blew on a party horn. Kuroo was out of breath.

"-Wel-WELCOME NEW MANAGER OF NEKOMA" Kuroo managed to say. You held back your laughter but failed.

"BAHAHAHA- Th-THanks guys," You said, wiping away a tear. "This would have looked better IF LEV TOLD YOU TO COME AT 8 AS WE TOLD HIM TO" Yaku growled. Lev flinched.

"So-sorry" Lev said, with this head facing the floor. You waved your hand, "No-no, I LOVE this" You said. Kenma squinted his eyes.

"Really? It's kinda shitty" Kenma asked.

You eagerly nodded, "I don't know, I just seem so genuine," You said. Kenma seemed to like your answer.

"But guys, who are gonna clean this mess up?" You asked.

"Oh isn't that obvious? Lev" Kuroo said. Lev flinched. "WHY ME?" Lev cried. " Ok Lev, what's a service set?" Kuroo asked. "I- I uh, I'll clean up" Lev groaned.

"Uh Kuroo, that's not a real thing" You whispered to Kuroo. Kuroo smirked.

"Oh, I know" Kuroo responded. Practice ended early. Everyone was leaving the gym except for Lev. You were about to leave but you looked at Lev. He looked so sad.

"Y/nnnn, c'mon let's go" Kurroo sang. You looked up at Kuroo."I-I uh, I'm going to stay back" You said. Kuroo looked confused. "What? Why" Kenma asked, annoyed. " I want to help Lev," You said.

"REALLY?" Lev and Kuroo said. You looked back at Lev and nodded. "Yeah, it'll be easier with two people right? " You said. Kuroo sighed. "Okay... I guess you can go help Lev" Kuroo groaned. Kuroo and Kenma walked away.

You and Lev began to broom the gym.

"Thank You for helping out Y/n," Lev said. You paused from brooming and smiled. "It's no problem" You responded. "Us, first years got to stick together huh" Lev sung. You laughed.

"Sometimes I forget you're a first-year-" You mumbled. Lev looked down at you. "It's because of my height isn't it?"He asked. You were entranced by his tiger-like eyes. You never noticed how attractive Lev was. "Y-yea," You said, looking away to break the trance. Lev tapped his feet. "Well, I'm only 6'4, Kuroo is 6'1" Lev commented. "Well uh- I know Kuroo for sure is older than me," You said. "By his height?" Lev asked. You shook your head. "He just acts so maturely and kind and-" You said. Lev faked gagged. "OK FAN GIRL" he commented. You scoffed

"Don't call me that" You said.

"Well, you're basically praising Kuroo for things he doesn't deserve-" Lev said.

"What do you mean," You asked.

Lev looked sideways and then leaned in. "Don't tell Kuroo I told you this.. but I heard him and Kenma once dated this girl" Lev whispered.

"Oh, they're polyamorous? What's so weird about that " You asked.

"Let me finish- They got real weird dating this girl" Lev added.

You titled your head. "What do you mean? They seem perfectly decent people" You said.

Lev shook his head. "Not when they're dating someone, they got a bit overprotective. " Lev added. You scoffed, "Well I think it's sweet that they care about their partner." You said. Lev sighed, "Ok ok- " Lev said. You punched Lev's shoulder. "Hey, thanks for telling me at least" You laughed. Lev laughed but he was still uneasy.