chapter twenty, car

You've been walking for hours, hugging your arms as you cautiously traveled through the woods, calling out for your friends' names. You were basically freezing, teeth chattering, fingers going numb, body getting weaker with every step you took. You probably have gotten a fever from swimming in the lake... You should have just waited for Atsumu to come back to get you but you honestly had no idea where you were. You regretted not bringing your phone. You debated whether you should just stay in one area and hope for someone would find you but howls appeared from potential rabid wolves haunted in the forest. You would rather be lost than dog food, dashing out of the forest. You gasped as you fell onto a road, kissing the ground. You brushed your jeans, standing up, and walking down the road.

"It's just a five-hour walk back to civilization..that's not too bad" you laughed.

---

You were exhausted, your feet bruised, sweat dripping down your forehead, eyesight becoming dizzy. You were practically a walking corpse, dreaming about going back home and kissing your bed.

"Need a ride, sweetheart?"

You turned your head, seeing a dark green-haired, male, eyes like snakes, fangs sticking out of his smile. He was driving a pitch-black jeep, one hand slumping out of his window, the other hand on the steering wheel.

Your body was begging you to agree to his proposal but you knew better than to trust strangers...still, there was no way you'd survive another hour walking down the road in your condition. You gulped, "y-yeah, I just need a ride to Hyōgo Prefecture," you asked. "Great, I'm visiting family there, hop in," the male said, opening his passenger's door. You stumbled to get onto the seat, legs finally receiving a break, sighing in relief.

"My name is Y/n L/n. What's yours" you asked, fiddling with your seat belt as you wrapped it against your chest. "Daishou, Suguru Daishou" the driver responded, eyes directed to the road. "Daishou? You sound familiar" you laughed. "It's a common name," he replied, making a sharp turn. "No, no I'm sure I heard it before. Where are you from?" you asked. "Nohebi academy," Daishou answered, a nervous smile across his face. "Nohebi academy? I could have sworn I heard that before" you chuckled. "Don't think too much about it, where are you from?" Daishou added, waving his unoccupied hand. "I transferred from two other schools, right now I'm going to Inarizaki, " you said. "Inarizaki? I heard their volleyball team is great" Daishou added. "I'm sure they're good players..not sure if they're good people" you scoffed. Daishou clicked his tongue, "are they the reason you were stranded in the middle of the road?" he asked. "Somewhat" you sighed, pushing your hair back. "You look tired, maybe you should try to get some rest," Daishou suggested.

"I'm fine" you responded, refusing to let yourself look weak in front of a stranger. Daishou's unoccupied hand reached for your forehead, pressing his knuckles against the skin, "you're basically burning up, I have some water bottles back there" he commented. He was right, your throat was dry, palms extremely sweaty, energy depleted. You glanced over at the untouched bottles of water to your side, reaching over to them and inspecting them.

"They're unopened, don't worry" Daishou chuckled. You twisted the cap open, taking only a small sip of the water, "thank you, you're a really nice person, Daishou" you commented, wiping your mouth. "Oh please, this is nothing," he sighed. "Maybe it is...but I've dealt with so many assholes, it's nice to see that there still good people like you still exist" you responded. "Don't worry about it. My girlfriend, Mika, would kill me if I didn't help you. She's a good person. I bet she'd love to meet you" Daishou suggested. "It sounds like she makes you really happy," you commented, resting an elbow on the window. "You have no idea," Daishou mumbled.

You managed to keep a conversation with Daishou for an hour until you heard a popping noise occur outside the vehicle. He clicked his tongue, pulling over, taking his keys out of the ignition, "shit, I think we have a flat tire" he scoffed. "A flat tire? Could you fix that?" you asked, tilting your head. "I'd need some help but yeah" he sighed. "I don't mind helping" you chuckled, stepping out of the vehicle. You examined the car, ducking your head over, hands on your hips, "Daishou, the tires look perfectly fine-" you commented, raising your head. Daishou towered over you, pushing you to the ground, eyes were filled with guilt as he crashed a chloroform rag against your face. He watched as you cried, struggled for freedom, and begged for several minutes until you knocked out of consciousness.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n"

When you reached consciousness, duck tape was wrapped around your feet, wrists, and mouth, seat belt tightly held you in place. "I had a volleyball match with Kuroo and Kenma..that's how you know me. '' Daishou mumbled, hands controlling the steering wheel. You tossed around in the back seat, cries muffled from the duck tape. "Y/n, I-I'm a good person...I just messed up once. I really don't want to bring you back to them, y'know" Daishou chuckled, clearly very nervous. He sighed as he quickly ripped off the tape across your mouth, burning your lips, "don't bring me back to them, Daishou" you begged. "I can't do that" Daishou said, his voice more stern than earlier. "Please, you're going to kill me" you cried, fist pounding on your lap. "Have you ever been in love before?" Daishou asked. "W-what? What the fuck are you talking about" you scoffed. "I-I just love Mika..so fucking much. But there was this one time we got into a fight and- I slept with someone else. Kuroo will tell her everything if I don't do this. Please, Y/n, I want to fucking marry Mika one day .. please understand" Daishou announced. "No, no, you don't understand Daishou.. this isn't worth it" you sobbed. "You're going to be fine," Daishou mumbled.

No matter how much you begged, cried, or threatened Daishou, he kept repeating to 'you're going to be fine.' But it seemed like he mostly telling himself that instead of you. You realized begging wasn't going to work once you saw the 'welcome to Tokyo' sign through the window. You looked around the car, noticing a black nail file on the ground. 'Thank god for Mika'  you thought, averting your eyes from the nail file as you tried to kick the object closer to your hands. Daishou seemed distracted by the road, you quickly hid the object behind your back, pressing your fingertips together as you grind your hands against the object. You managed to loosen your restraints after an hour of non-stop grinding, you were completely certain that you could rip them off with enough strength. You didn't have time to undo your feet, so your best option was to jump out the door and find a civilian to help you.

You waited for houses to appear in your view, hoping more civilians would be around, closing your eyes as you pulled apart your restraints, the duck tape popping off, opening the door, before Daishou could react you ducked your head as you jumped out of the moving car, landing on the sidewalk. "Help me" you shouted, attempting to arise from the sidewalk, only to lock eyes with a dark-haired middle blocker and a fake blonde setter.

"It's good to have you back" Kuroo chuckled, lifting up your chin. Your heart almost stopped, blood turning cold, hearing Daishou's footsteps. "Fuck, I didn't mean for her to-" Daishou claimed, pushing his hair back. Kenma bent down, observing your physical conditions, "it's not your fault, she's always been so fucking stubborn" he spat, spit landing on your cheek. "S-so about the pictures?" Daishou chuckled, leaning on a parked car. "Yeah, yeah, we'll get rid of them. Now scram, we got some rekindling to do" Kuroo chuckled. Daishou glanced at your figure, biting his lips as he walked in the other direction, "and Daishou..next time don't cheat on Mika- chan, will ya?" Kuroo remarked, Daishou's expression became irritated as he stomped away.

"Speaking about cheating, how was your time with that Atsumu?" Kenma asked, pinching your thigh. "Now, now, Kenma... We got to give Mr. Miya some credit, he did help us find our girl" Kuroo cooed., "I don't like him kissing her ... she's filthy now" Kenma scoffed, a scowl across his face, eyebrows furrowed. "She'll make up for it, isn't that right, Y/n?" Kuroo asked, thumb pressed against your bottom lip. You opened your mouth as if you were about to apologize instead you bit down Kuroo's thumb, Kuroo flinching, retracting his hand.

"HELP ME" you screamed, attempting to run away, restraints causing you to fall on the sidewalk. The house in front of you lights lit up, Kenma's hand wrapped around your mouth, "fucking bitch" he spat. "Let's go, we don't want any witnesses," Kuroo suggested. Before you could attempt to escape, Kenma slammed your head on the concrete sidewalk, knocking you out.