chapter thirteen, alone

You struggled walking home. You felt like if you heard a single twig snap, you could have a heart attack. Your tears would slide off of your chin and stain the sidewalk. Kenma's words would repeat in your mind like a broken record. 

"Don't be so selfish next time."

These words would haunt your brain. You were shivering, the gust of wind would push your body around like an old ragdoll. Even with your body in so much physical pain, you managed to get home, safely. You stumbled walking upstairs, to your bedroom.

You slid off your high heels and undressed. You didn't bother looking into a mirror, you already knew your back would be filled with bruises. You took a quick glance at your phone.

Hinata: "I FOUND IT"

You burst into tears and clutched onto your phone, knowing this will be one of the last things you'd remember Hinata by.

"I'm so sorry, Shoyo" you sobbed, breaking your silence.

The next day, police reported seeing Hinata's bicycle by the bridge and his red, worn-out shoes by the railing of the bridge.

They claimed his death was suicide 

But you knew the truth, Hinata would never do that to himself. He was always happy and hopeful... that's why he helped you.

You heard a knock on your door, you assumed it was Kuroo or Kenma. They probably came over to hurt you again. You tossed on an old cardigan and shuffled downstairs to answer the door. To be honest, you didn't care if they hurt you, anymore.

They already murdered your best friend and you couldn't risk anyone else taking your punishment. You took a deep breath of air as you worked up the courage to open the door. You slowly twisted the doorknob open and saw your mom at the door. She wrapped her arms around you and rubbed your back.

"My poor baby, I am so sorry. Shoyo is-" she sobbed into your back. You hesitantly wrapped your arms around her and burst into tears. "I-I know, mom. I don't want him to be gone" you bawled, your tears staining your mother's back. "Me too, sweetheart" she sighed. You fell onto the floor as your mother held you close.

Your mother insisted you stay home instead of going to school but you'd figured it'd upset Kenma and Kuroo.

Especially when Kenma texted you this morning,

(slight NSFW?)

Kenma: "don't wear panties to school."

They were probably unsatisfied with your punishment last night... so they decided to add this into the horrible mess of your mind. But you had an idea, you were just going to change out of your underwear before they saw you.

(end)

You walked to school, the news of Hinata's death spread like a wildfire.

"Didn't he go to Karasuno?"

"I wonder why he did it so far from Miyagi?"

"Man, I never expected him to do it"

You felt a hand touch your back and crawled up to your shoulder, you immediately flinched. You slowly turned behind you to see a frowning Lev.

"Are you okay?" Lev asked. You held back your grief and anger.

"I'll be okay... Don't worry" you mumbled. Lev pouted and tilted his head.

"You could be honest, I won't tell anyone," he promised. You were extremely tempted to tell Lev the truth.

HELP! Kuroo and Kenma brutally murdered my best friend right in front of my eyes.