Chapter 13

I wake up the next morning to Rafe pulling my shorts down. He lets out a deep growl when he realizes I don't have any panties on. He begins to suck on my clit, reaching up to grab one of my tits. "Baby, I don't think I'll ever get over how good you taste." Rafe moans as he begins to work his tongue, lapping up all my juices. "Fuuuuuck." I moan as Rafe  readjusts his position so he can cover my mouth. "Sshhhh, baby." He says before going back to working his tongue on my pussy. I melt under his touch and It doesn't take long before I come. He licks up every last drop of my orgasm before wiping his mouth with his arm. "Come on, get dressed." He says laying down on the bed next to me. "What's the rush?" I look at him. "I wanted to wake you up early so we could do that." He smirks at me. "But we're supposed to be having a breakfast together before my dad and I leave for the Bahamas." Rafe continues while laying his arm across my torso.

"Oh." I say with disappointment. "I'm coming back, Lex. I won't be gone long. I promise." He assures. I look at him and give a soft smile. I've never been clingy with anyone before, this is a completely new feeling for me. I don't want him to go. I don't want to be left here alone to deal with my friends and Topper without him. "We can talk on the phone and text all day. Whatever you want." He kisses me. "Okay." I say pulling him on top of me, deepening our kiss. "Now go get ready for breakfast, and uh, cover up that hickey." He says with pride. You've gotta be kidding me.

Rafe watches me change into something like this:

I do my hair in a cute bun and do some light makeup, also

I do my hair in a cute bun and do some light makeup, also. I gently place my hands on his cheeks and pull him in for a kiss. "Is this real life?" I smile against his lips. "As real as it gets." He laughs at me while giving my ass a firm squeeze.

Rafe sneaks out of my room first, and I follow shortly after. By the time I enter the dining room Ward, my mom, and Wheezie are already eating breakfast. Rafe has just sat at the table, but in reality I know he's trying to be a gentleman and he's waiting for me to sit so he can eat. Sarah still hasn't come home. She's being pretty fucking dramatic if you ask me. I mean, I love the pogues wholeheartedly, but I have it made here. I don't understand why she'd risk this lifestyle to starve and slum it, but whatever that's her business.

"How long do you think you two will be gone?" My mom asks Ward. "Few weeks, maybe." Ward shrugs. "And when should we be joining you down there?" My mom inquires. "I have to make sure all our affairs are in order first, so I'm not sure." Ward responds. They continue their conversation, while Rafe and I play footsie under the table. "May I be excused?" I ask as Ward nods yes. "Me too?" Rafe asks as Ward waves him off.

Rafe and I head to his room so I can spend some time with him while he finishes his packing. Knock. Knock. "It's nice to see you spending time with your own kind of people, Lexi. I like that you two are spending time together." Ward smiles at me as he enters the room. I just smile back at him. "You ready, son?" Ward turns his attention back to Rafe. I'm trying so hard not to let Ward see that I'm upset, but I'm crushed. Rafe and I just got together last night. Not even a full twenty four hours later and he's leaving for who knows how long. Rafe nods and looks at me. "Everything is being loaded on the plane now. We need to get to the airstrip." Ward says, rushing Rafe. "Be safe." I get up off the edge of Rafe's bed and give Ward a hug. Ward makes his way out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I throw myself at Rafe, our lips collide in a frenzy. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me back like he needs me to survive. "Text me once you land." I say, frowning as we break apart. "I will, baby." He says while tilting my chin up so he can look in my eyes. "I love you, Lexi." He leans in for one more kiss. "I love you, too." My lips begin to quiver. Don't cry, dammit. "Break up with Topper." Rafe says over his shoulder as he walks out of the bedroom.

I wait a few minutes before walking down the stairs because I truly don't think I can see Rafe again right now without crying. Once I'm in the front room, I can hear Ward talking to my mom in his office. "Would that be such a bad thing?" Ward snaps. My mom doesn't respond. "I'm not going to go out of my way to encourage it, especially under our roof. But she's good for him. Rafe needs a girl like Lexi. Before we got married I always believed they would end up together." Ward says and I can hear him pacing. "Rafe isn't right for Lexi though, she's better with Topper." My mom argues. "Isn't that up to her to decide? She can change Rafe, she's the only one who can. He can support her in so many ways the Thornton family never could." Ward argues back. I'm taken aback, how the hell does Ward know about us? Rafe never would've said anything. Would he? The front door slams and I hear Rafe's truck start. Off they go. My heart sinks. I miss him already.

I decide to have a lazy day and head back to my bedroom. I spend majority of the day watching movies on Netflix and scrolling through TikTok. I ordered a pizza for lunch and spent some time with Wheezie by the beach. My phone buzzes in my pocket.

RAFE: Just landed in Nassau. Miss you.
LEXI: I miss you, too.
RAFE: There's a storm moving in. Reception is spotty. I'll call you when I can. I love you.
LEXI: Please be careful. I love you too.

I was hoping when Rafe finally texted me it would make me feel relieved, but now I feel even more stressed out. I've gotta do something tonight.

LEXI: Hey. Are you guys going to the bonfire tonight?
JJ: Well, look who it is.
LEXI: Jay, I'm sorry.
JJ: Idk. Sarah and JB are on the run. Have you heard nothing?
LEXI: On the run? Wtf.
JJ: Rafe shot Sheriff Peterkin at the airstrip. They're blaming JB.

WHAT? I pull up google on my phone and search it. The first thing that pops up is a wanted poster of John B. I know Rafe has anger issues, but he isn't capable of killing someone. He would've told me, wouldn't he? Is that what he's been talking to Shoupe about? There's absolutely no way I can believe Rafe shot the sheriff. But I can't believe John B would do it, either. I mean, the pogues have been acting weird lately. I call JJ to ask if he wants to meet up somewhere to talk, and he says he can't. They're making preparations for John B and Sarah to flee. This doesn't make any sense. My mind is racing. Nobody will give me any answers. I text Rafe a hundred times telling him to call me when he can and that the storm should be hitting obx tomorrow. He never responds, a knot forms in my stomach. Something is fucking wrong.