Chapter 4

I wake up the next morning to a loud commotion downstairs. Feeling startled, I jolt up out of bed, slipping on my robe and making my way downstairs. "Be careful with that box. That's expensive!" My mom shouts at the movers as Ward slips his hand into hers and places a peck on her cheek. "Relax, honey." Ward tries to calm her. I roll my eyes and head back up to my room. Today is going to be a shit show, it's moving day. I change into something like this:

I post a picture (just like the one above) on my instagram and caption it: Moving Day 🤪💪🏻

My phone buzzes like crazy in my hand just as I'm about to head downstairs with my important bag of items I will not the movers touch.

JOHNB: I had the best time last night, Princess ;)
JJ: You've got some explaining to do, Cupcake!
KIARA: Sorry I took off last night. I have news to tell you about my night with Pope!!

I respond to Kie asking what the news was because I am a sucker for some pipping hot tea. She immediately responds and tells me they hooked up. I am shocked, who knew Pope had it in him. I put my phone in my bag and head downstairs. "Thank goodness!" Ward exclaims as he throws a hand up in the air. "Everything is just about ready." My mom says as she looks up at me on the staircase. "Uh, no it's not. All my furniture is still in my room." I say while waving my hand in the direction of my bedroom. "Your mother and I bought you an entire new bedroom set to match your new, much larger room." Ward smiles at me. I stand there speechless, with my mouth gaping open. I've always wanted to remodel my bedroom, I've always longed for something much more glamorous. "Earth to Lexi." My mom laughs, pulling me out of my daze. "Thank you, guys. So much." I say while running to hug them both. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

"You ready to go? There's some reinforcements waiting to help once we get to Tanneyhill." Ward smiles. "Who?" I ask trying not to sound too excited. "Rafe, Kelce, Topper, and Chase Bruxford." Ward responds and I'm really disappointed in his answer. "Some kook boys for you to spend time with while they help move all your stuff in." My mom cuts in. Ahh, I get it now. My mom doesn't just want me to spend more time with the kooks, she wants me to date one of the more popular kooks.

From the list of guys she names I'm assuming she's hinting at me and Chase. I mean Rafe is now my stepbrother so I'm assuming he's off limits. Damn. Topper is my ex and with Sarah so no. Kelce is Kelce. We've kissed before during a stupid party game but it'll never go beyond that. Now, Chase on the other hand - he's super tall, naturally tan skin, muscular, shaggy brown hair, brown eyes, and he's a football player. They call him Bruxford Badass. Cheesy. It's definitely something I wouldn't turn down, but I'm really comfortable with my pogues guys. I hook up with the two of them, they only hook up with me. Literally living the dream.

We arrive at Tanneyhill, my new home. The kook guys are outside waiting for us and the movers. They all actually look really hot shirt now. They're all wearing shorts and tank tops, showing off all their muscles. My mom and Ward direct the boys to my set of boxes and then focus their attention on telling the movers where to put everything else. "Looking good, Lexi." Chase winks at me as he walks past to grab a box. "Thanks, you're not too bad yourself." I flirt. "Do you know which room is yours?" Topper asks. "Uh, no." I shrug. "I'll show you." Rafe says as he shoulder checks Chase making him drop the box. "What the fuck, man?" Chase shouts. "Shut up." Rafe says while grabbing a box and guiding us to my new bedroom. This is my new bedroom:

I am speechless once again as we open the door

I am speechless once again as we open the door. "You like it?" Kelce asks. "I love it, I want to add some more color and personal touches to it though." I say while taking it all in. The guys continue to make trips up and down with my boxes while I begin to unpack.

Chase enters my room alone this time with another box. "I like the private balcony." He smirks. "Me too." I say while bending over to put clothes in the bottom drawer of my dresser. I know he's staring at my ass, how could he not? I feel his presence close behind me as I make my way back to a normal standing position. "Think of all the fun you could have in that bed." He whispers in my ear as his arm snakes around my waist. "Mhmm." I moan quietly, turning around to face him. "I've always wanted to make a move on you, Lexi." He smiles seductively. "Why haven't you?" I give a sexy pout. "Your Topper's ex, guy code." He shrugs with disappointment. "What if I make the move on you?" I giggle as I push up on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him softly.

"What the fuck?" Topper asks while dropping one of the boxes. Rafe stands behind him, his jaw tensing. Chase and I break apart. "What?" I ask nonchalantly. "Guy code, bro." Topper throws his hands up in the air. "Get over it, Top. We're over. You've moved on. I want to move on, too." I say as I pull Chase back in for another kiss. It doesn't last long though before I'm physically being peeled away from Chase by Rafe. "We gotta finish getting these boxes." Rafe says before storming out of the room with Topper in tow. "I'm gonna go.." Chase says awkwardly after walking out of the room.

A few more hours have gone by and my room is almost completely unpacked. I lay down on the bed and pull out my phone to do some online shopping for more stuff for my room and a few new outfits and beauty products with the new Amex card Ward gave me. Knock. Knock. "Lexi, can I come in?" Sarah says. I roll my eyes, but I guess it's something I have to get used to. "Yeah." I call out. "Hey, my dad and Rose wanted me to tell you dinner is in an hour." She smiles at me. "Thanks, I'll get ready." I smile back at her. "Welcome to the family, I really hope you and I grow close." She says sincerely. "Me too." I say but unsure if I really mean that or not yet.