chapter-14

Mahira's pov.
We all go to dining table to eat the dinner. I wish there was some pizza or something cause iam so bored of eating sabzi roti everyday.
No we didn't had pizza yesterday cause uncle manit restricts everyone grom eating junk and also there are so many doctors in our families. You get me right?
I sit in the middle, my left side is raavi and right side is Armaan.
Priyal was sitting Infront of me, right side of her is Ahaan and left is mayank. I don't if i should calm him mayank or bhaiya. Calling him bhaiya seems weird. I don't know. Let's just say mayank.

We all started eating and we all were engrossed in talking to each other.

But mumma looked at piri and said.

"Why are you eating with your left hand beta?"
We all looked at her. She is eating with her left hand but why? Oh her right side is Ahaan so he must be holding her right hand. God they are sooo cheesy.

"Umm that actually aunty I....I hurt yes i hurt my right hand yesterday so I can't lift my right hand that's why".

She said and Ahaan smirks at her.

"But you were just doing fine today right raavi?" I asked her giving her a sign to play along.

"Yes, you didn't tell us that you hurt your hand though". Raavi says and smiles. Fake smile.

"You didn't ask me" she says while signalling her to shut up.

"Our bad" i say and smirks at her. Everyone resumed eating.

Dad got a call in between.

"It's manit". Dadda says while picking up the phone.

"Hello".

............

"Oh that's a good thing"

..............

"Let me ask them".

"Beta the auspicious time for engagement is next week, are you fine with it". He asks looking at all of us.

"That soon, preparations gonna take time though, but if ivaan has no problem then we can proceed". Mumma tells him.

"I have no problem, outfit theme  would be decided by natahsa and mahira and Armaan will talk to event Managing companies, food would ve done by Ahaan and raavi as they are good at that and other things would be done by elders so I don't have any problem". He says

Is he serious? We all are gonna work and he would just come there and put ring in her finger. Such an irresponsible person.

"You probably heard what Ivaan said so yes we have no problem" dad says to uncle manit and laughs.

............

"Okay". Dad says and cut the call.

"Bhaii saree kaaam hum kyu krein?" Armaan says.

"Why? Do you have problems with doing any work?". Ivaan bhaiii asks. One look from him and he shuts up.

"No i mean okay". Armaan says while paying attention to his food.
Coward.

"Mayank beta and piri, you guys are like family so we won't invite you, you just have to come okay?". Mumma says while smiling.

"Arey aunty, aap na bulati mein to phir bhi aati since it's my brother's engagement party". Piri says while smiling like an idiot.

"Yes aunty, we'll come". Mayank says.

"Are you coming from my side if kairav's side?". Armaan asks.

"I'll just come to the engagement party of ivaan Chaudhary and natasha Malhotra. Iam not coming from any side as I'm invited from both sides" Mayank says while staring at him weirdly. It's a weird stare. Armaan just squints in his place. What's going on here? 

"Mahi, meet Natasha tomorrow after college so that you can discuss what theme you would want to have". Ivaan bhai says while Looking at me.

"Bhai, it's been three days I've been going to places after college and iam really tired, I'll just go to her office after tomorrow. Can I?". I say.

"Beta we don't have time". Dad says

"Then just tell raavi or even priyal to do that, I'll just go with whatever they want".
I say. I need sleep.

"Sorry buddy but iam really busy with moving out, i won't be able to do that" priyal says while giving me sorry eyes.

"And food is on me and Ahaan so i won't do any other work". Raavi says.

These bitches always ditch me.

"Seriously Mahira? Can't you do that for me?" Ivaan bhaiya says. Great manipulation skills.

"Fine". I say and get up from chair.

"Where are you going?". Armaan asks

"I'm full so I'll just be in my room. Bye piri, and bye to you too". I say looking towards mayank.

They both bid me goodbye and i go to my room.
Long day tomorrow.

Kairav's pov.
We were having dinner when mom comes and say.

"Pandit ji said, next week is the auspicious time for engagement, should we hold it next week?".

"Mom itni jaldi kya hai, aaj hi to rishta paka huya hai". I say.

"Arey shub kamo mein deri nahi karni chahiye". Mom says.
(We shouldn't delay in virtuous works).

"Ask Ivaan's family, if they are okay then we can". Natasha says.

"I'll call and ask dev". Dad says and calls uncle devansh.

They also agreed. Why are they rushing things?

"Kairav will you help me choosing male outfit theme? As you have Great taste". Natasha asks.

"I also have great sense of fashion" rahul protests.

"Mee too". Reyansh agreed.

"You both should rather focus on the food menu than outfits" natasha says while laughing.

"But- reyansh was about to say something but i cut him off.

"You both shut up and eat your dinner".

They both sulked. I payed attention to eating.

"You didn't answer me kairav, i asked you something". Natahsa says looking at me with serious expression.

"Fine". I say.

"And i guess Mahira would be the one from their side to decide outfit theme so i think you both should work on it together as i have to design my own engagement dress and it would take alot of time". She says

Ohhh. Something good in all these chaos is Mahira.

"Okay". I say while smiling secretly.

"I'll call mahi to ask when she would be free and I'll tell you when to come to my office". She states.

"Okayyy". I say.

Let's meet tomorrow. Mahira.