Chapter-7

Kairav's pov.
I made an excuse to use the washroom and  go after the mahira, i lean on the kitchen door watching her pouring water in the glass but that's not the end to it, she moves towards the end if the counter and picks up something, probably like salt. No way she was trying to add salt in the water.
This girl has been amusing me from afternoon and i can't stop thinking about her. I didn't know that she is the daughter of uncle devansh.
Only if i had known, i wouldn't have tried to carry out the dare. I wouldn't have attempted the dare if it had been another girl, because something about her made me do it. I know i seem like a crazy pervert but believe me iam not. I don't eye girls the way she thinks i do. I wouldn't dare to or my sister would have thrown me out of the property. Yea natasha is 3 years older than me but still she has been a parent figure to us. Our parents were always busy looking after the work, but she has never ever ignored us.

Back to the topic. I attempt to sound scary as i say.
"What are you trying to do?".

She stops in her tracks and turns to face me.
She stammers.
"I-I was coming to give you water, you asked for it remember".
Oh trying to outsmart me. I like it.
"Then why salt container is in your hands"
She looks at the container and puts it on the countertop quickly.
"Act-actually the water is kinda bitter so i was trying to neutralize the taste you know, you are our guest, how can i give you bitter water, inspite of what you did to me, you're still dear to my parents, even i  don't know why" she says last part mumbling.
"Iam sorry for the afternoon stunt, iam not how you think iam, iam a pretty decent guy actually, but i have a request, do not tell this to anyone especially my sister will you?".
She looked at me blankly and then smirked, great she found my weakness.
While smirking she says

"What makes you think I won't tell anyone? And how can i trust you after what you did?".

"I know it's tough to believe a stranger, but iam not a stranger to your family right? I can prove iam a decent guy for sure"

"How will you prove you're a decent guy?"
She asked

"I don't know, you tell me".
I said not knowing what to say

"You s-
She was cut of by  a girl's voice.

"MAHIII" we both turns to face from where the sound came.

A girl entered the Kitchen and embraced the mahira in a bear hug.

Mahira's eyes light up after after she got a glimpse of her.

Mahira playfully swatted her and asked

"How dare you come after three days, you idiot. I was worried for you and your phone was out of reach where were you?".

That girl broke the hug, and stated

" Iam sorry. My phone's battery died yesterday, and i was in woods so i couldn't charge my phone, and couldn't call you, sorry cuzzo".

"It's okay, but don't just go anywhere without informing me again okay?". Mahira pronounced.

She finally looked at me and said
"You were here for water i guess, take it".

The other girl gestured her to tell her who i was probably.

"Oh yes, he is kairav malhotra". Mahira stated

She squealed in happiness and said
"You came back? You've changed so much, i couldn't even recognize you, how are you?".

"Yea but you?" I doubtfully said not recognizing her.

"Oh yea right, raavi".

"oh my God, raavi. You were also unrecognizable to me, you've also grown so much, how are you?". I stated

"Iam pretty well".

"You guys know each other?". Mahira asked in doubt

"Ofcourse he used to come to our house before going to UK so ofcourse i know him". Raavi said

"So everyone knows him except me? I wish i had my memories". She said and looked down

Raavi's eyes seemed a bit worried after hearing what she said

"It's good that you don't know him, he was pretty rude before" she said while making the environment a little jolly.

I was about to say something but rahul stormed in the kitchen and said

"What are you guys doing here. Everyone is waiting for you three come fast, and bhaiya you went to the washroom right? What are you doing here?".

"Oh that actually..... actually i lost the way".

"Oh, come with me, I'll tell you where washroom is". He said

"Okay". I say and go with him.

Mahira's pov.
Everyone was present in the living room
My mom gestured the house helpers to to keep the food on the dining table and said
"Let's eat dinner first".

Everyone nodded and went to eat dinner.

Everyone started eating dinner when kairav rahul and raavi came downstairs together and sat down to eat dinner.

Everyone ate dinner while joking with each other, but i was silent the whole time. I don't why but my mind is clouded with  thoughts of that accident. This accident has been bothering me again, why can't i think of anything before the accident, what actually happened, how did i get into an accident, how was my life before the accident.

Everyone goes to the living room again i and raavi helps the staffs to move the dishes into the kitchen sink.

We come back into the living room to see a worried tense expression on my dad's face. What happened now?

"Come on, tell me what you wanted to talk about?". Manit uncle said to my dad

"Actually we want your precious thing, can you give us that?" It was my mom who explained

"My precious thing?". Manit uncle asked

"Your daughter". My father stated

Everyone's eyes wide except my father's and mother's ofcourse.

"Natasha?". Aunty shushmita asked

"Yes, we are asking your daughter's hand for our ivaan, i know it's a sudden request but please give it a thought, they both are great friends and they are at the right age to get married, i mean it's okay if any of you has any problem with that. No one's forcing you, it's all yours and Natasha's decision" my father explained

No one said anything and waited for uncle manit to reply.