Chapter 1

(Kellin's POV) 

   Today is the first day of the second part of the school year. Being in high school is stressful at times. I hate that I get bullied for being gay. I'm one of the few people that are out at school and it makes my life difficult. I know that things will work out. I just have to get through these last four months of junior year. 

  On top of all of that, I'm in a band. Its my escape from everything. Justin, Nick and I have gone through it the past few months. We're preparing for the annual Battle of The Bands. It is a massive deal for us. Winners get a record deal. That could change our lives in every way possible. We could get out of this place and make a name for ourselves. 

  Then there's my nemesis, Vic Fuentes, who drives me crazy. We're both in bands and competing in the Battle of The Bands. Its been a few months dealing with drama. "Well if it isn't Kellin Quinn." Vic says walking over to me. He's tan and muscular though I try not to notice. He's hot but I can't see myself ever going back to a dick like him. 

  "Well if it isn't Vic Fuentes, my nemesis." I state, turning to face him. 

  "I have no clue what you mean." He says, looking all innocent as he does. "So I take it that you're still pissed at me?" 

  "What if I am?" I snap back. 

   Vic and I's relationship is complicated. We have history. As in he broke my heart and stomped on it. Vic moves to lean in front of me. It doesn't help that I'm basically cornered on a wall. "So you're not over it?" He says. 

  "No I'm not over you breaking my heart, you ass." I don't look him in the eyes because if I do, I'll cave and I can't have that. 

  "I'm not over you." He says before leaning in to kiss me. 

  "You cornering me here was a bad idea." I state. I softly punch him on the nose. Just enough to make him move away from me. 

  Nick looks at me. "Did you just punch Vic?" He asks concerned about me. He's the one I'm closest to in the band. 

  Jaime immediately comes running over. "Yes he did." Him and Vic are dating I think. 

  "It wasn't fair for me to corner him to be fair." Vic defends me which surprises me because he hasn't done that since our mess of a break up. 

  "Vic just defended Kellin..." Mike states running over to check on his brother. 

  "He's fine. I didn't punch that hard. Enough to get him away from me." I say before running off. I go to the bathroom where I can hide for a few minutes. Vic knows how to push all the right buttons to drive me crazy, 

  "I can't imagine not having you in my life." Vic's voice says through the stall 'm in. Of course he followed me in here. He knows its one of my spots.