Chapter 23

I set the bouquet of lilies beside Asher's tombstone.

"...Good morning, Asher." I smiled.

Silence.

"Guess what?" I smiled more, "Today, Kenji and I are going to grow some tomatoes. I hope they come out good. Also, Dazai broke Kunikida's new and expensive pen. Hopefully, Kunikida will be okay. I told him where a shop was where he could get some. Oh, and Akiko made some good food last night."

More silence.

"...I miss you." I looked down, my smile fading. I then put my mask back on with a smile, "See you tomorrow, Asher!" I walked away.

~Time Skip~
I walked inside the Agency.

Oh, it's quiet in here.

I looked at Kenji as I walked in, "Hey, Kenji. Where are Kunikida and Dazai?"

"Oh, good morning, Ms. L/n!" Kenji smiled, "Mr. Kunikida and Mr. Dazai went on a job. I think Kunikida said something about a tiger."

"...Let's hope it all goes well then." I blinked twice before smiling, "So, did you get the tomato seeds?"

"I sure did! I also got seeds for strawberries!"

"Great!"

~Time Skip~
I watered the soil in which the tomato seeds were in. Kenji was watering the strawberry pot.

We were on the Agency's rooftop. I let out a sigh and looked at him, "I'm going to go down to the cafe. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Ms. L/n!"

I smiled and left.

~Time Skip~
I walked inside the cafe and looked at the waitress, "I'll take coffee."

"Yes mam." The waitress walked off.

I sat down at the counter and stared down at it.

..The Agency is quieter than usual today. It's weird.

Yosano is probably out shopping for her treatment room, Ranpo is most likely in a case, and Junichiro might be doing God knows what with Naomi.

I looked at my coffee as the waitress gave it to me, "Thank you." I smiled and gave her the yen.

The waitress smiled back, "Of course." She walked off.

I picked up my coffee and took a sip of it.

I wonder what exactly everyone is doing right now.

As I put my coffee down, I sighed.

I then felt a smile form across my face as I drifted into my imagination.

{Daydream}
On a green hill surrounded by flowers, a beautiful, large tree behind us.

"Y/n L/n, your beauty blinds me and your everything I'd want in a woman." Kunikida spoke with passion as he was on one knee, caressing my hand. He wore a suit that looked handsome on him.

I blushed shyly and looked away, "But I do not match your ideal woman!" I was wearing a dress with my hair done.

"Mais mon amour," He tossed his notebook far away from us. "You are the one I want."
{In Reality}
I giggled as I pictured this. I felt myself blushing.

{Back to Daydream}
"You really mean it?" I looked him in the eyes.

"Of course, I do." He stood up and grabbed both of my hands. "You are the true definition of an ideal woman."